RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone identify this undertail? it looks simple and cheap. i like it, but its seen better days. want to get a new one

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
that my friend, is a home made unit

look at DHC Carbon undertails from Duckhunter

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Sorry I can't help Thaddeus, but your pictures don't show us all that much. I have no idea what make, I'm leaning towards RCDevils opinion that it's homemade.

That is awesome Duckie!
Looks like a SP2 tray, can it be made to work with SP1 and is that the OEM tail lens?
C/F: carbon fiber - what's F/G?

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Thanks JD.
This is the first ever produced Twill material DHC replica of an older now discontinued model from another company.

I have made two others... one in Plain weave ( which is mikeyd's...a member here ) and another nearly done one in Twill.

I recommend the battery relocate kit for use with these, so you do not have to modify the OEM one and yes OEM light will work... this one above has a smoked lens LED light with built in signals.... also LED.

C/F - Carbon
F/G - fiberglass

:cool:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i suppose it could be homemade. it's nothing fancy thats for sure, but nothing on my bike is. i like the simplicity of it. it has a battery, power commander, and ecu tray riveted on. i dont know what the material is, its got like a hard outer shell and something softer inbetween.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright, cool. maybe i can make another one myself then. i have this one as a template, just need to figure out what material it is. might even just use a sheet of aluminum

·
Registered
169 Posts
That looks like coroplast, and then the guy ran a bead of RTV around the exposed edges. Does it feel like plastic?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts