RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a consensus about the highest quality, most functional (lights that others can see) and best looking undertail for a 2006 RC51? New to me 2006 RC51 with 511 miles has an undertail unlike others that I have seen. It has relatively small LCDs for directionals that are not easy to see. I will appreciate any suggestions that the group has about what fits well, works well and looks good. Thanks. KC

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
best bet is either the hotbodies kit which uses well lit leds (unlike ebay versions)or the competition werks kit which utilizes the stock square lights. These are pretty much your only options.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
KC what about a pic of our undertail. ............... I have to agree with CBRBear as I like the krazy kustoms undertail although the lights are small....

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
what is the krazy kustoms one again? i can't remember what it looks like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2006 RC51 Undertail

Thanks for the suggestions. I have not had any luck finding a site that shows the Krazy Kustoms undertail, and the Goto Moto folks who bought the remaining stock of Eurobikes undertails no longer has any undertails for RC51s. If anybody has a suggestion that about finding Krazy Kustoms, I would appreciate it.

I attach a picture of the undertail that is on the bike now. It looks like an older version of the undertail sold by Mototek in Canada. Am I right about this? What can you tell me about the Mototek undertail -- new version seems to be slightly different and is available with brighter LEDs.

Thanks.

KC

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
oh ok. thanks for the post. its not bad looking, but not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I like it much better than the two round tail lights or even the two square tail lights...lol Nice and sleek! and I like a clean rear end!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree with you cbrbear the Krazy Kreation looks good, I have a Hotbodies undertail on my 1999 R1 love the look but the lights are not to good, but it is made out of plastic.
Is the Krazy Kreations plastic or fibre glass?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Does anyone know a business that can take a tail from another bike like a duc or or even something like a CBR600 and fab it to fit the RC51? If I'm gonna spend 300+ $ I want it to look unique and modern in style. Cause $300 goes a lot further to engine/ suspension upgrades than Hotbodies undertail can do....for me at least.

2000SP1
De-paired
De-flapped
K&N
TRE
Full Akrapovics

·
Registered
98 Posts
i got a competition werkes fender eliminator that use stock tail light, i got 2 of them also. im selling for $100 shipped with tail light. ones integreated ones not.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here's my 2005 w/the Hotbodies Undertail. I removed the stock lights that came w/it b/c they were not bright enough, and I do not like or care for integrated blinkers. I ordered some aftermarket LEDs that mounted right up into the Hotbodies light cases, and put it back together. It looks great, and the lights are bright as can be.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here's my 2005 w/the Hotbodies Undertail. I removed the stock lights that came w/it b/c they were not bright enough, and I do not like or care for integrated blinkers. I ordered some aftermarket LEDs that mounted right up into the Hotbodies light cases, and put it back together. It looks great, and the lights are bright as can be.

Do you remember where you get the aftermarket LEDs from?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts