RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo everyone!
As I wrote on my introduction post I'm currently looking for a SP-2.

Maybe I've found the right one, but as you for sure are more expert than me, I've got some questions.

First of all it has the full Akrapovic exhaust (the standard, not the high one) and the dealer says it has got a dedicated ECU.
Well... what does it mean?

Is that an ECU specifically made by Akrapovic for their exhaust system?
And if it's the case, is that like a piggy-back module, or does it completely replace the stock ECU?
Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was thinking the same.

Second question, how loud is the full Akrapovic?
Police here where I live is not usually very happy about loud road bikes....

And more in general.. is there something I must look for very carefully checking a second hand RC51?
I know about radiators issues.. but I'm pretty a newbie concerning the RC..

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I've never heard a full Akra system but I couldn't imagine it being much louder than a standard slip-on set. Have the dealer start it for you.

RC's are pretty bullet proof, just make sure its had proper maintenance. But with that said there are two things that are a common issue, the fuel pressure regulator and the voltage rectifier/regulator. Both are cheap and easy to change out.

With the two radiators there is a lot of hose clamps that may develop a leak over time and they tend to run hotter than other bikes. But as long as the cooling system is working right you shouldn't have a overheating problem.

Just make sure everything is clean and put a little dielectric grease in all the connectors as a preventive measure.

·
Registered
729 Posts
full Akra system is about as quiet as you can hope for with a race system, but they could be specified with E marked cans so it is possible that they are legal .... you can also buy baffles and retro fit them if you are attracting unwanted attention

1 - 5 of 5 Posts