RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i´m new in the forum and i need some info about the rc sp2, i have been making trackdays on my zx6r 07 but I want to buy a rc51, since I can´t afford both bikes I have to sell the zx,
I have been dreaming on the rc´s since 2000 when they came to the showrooms but I couldn´t buy one because the price, now I have been thinking alot on buy one but I have some doubts.....

1.- I know the rc is heavier than the zx6 but, is it very noticeable when riding on track???

2.- at the end of the straight line when it´s a very hard breaking zone, is very dificult to stop it?? this question is because I know that this bike doesn´t have slipper clutch so i´m concern about the rear chatter or "jumps" because of the downshifts.

3.- what lap time difference are between a modern 600 class and the RC?? (same rider, same track)

4.- on the corners when the bike is lean, is very tough to come a little bit hard on the gas as with the I4´s???

5.- is good choice to change the forks for a cbr1000 04-07 ones???

I hope you guys can help me with these questions in order to get a clear idea about buying my DREAM BIKE, I really like the looks of this bike but I dont want to be behind my friends on the track since all of us rode in the same second.....

Thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hi everyone, i´m new in the forum and i need some info about the rc sp2, i have been making trackdays on my zx6r 07 but I want to buy a rc51, since I can´t afford both bikes I have to sell the zx,
I have been dreaming on the rc´s since 2000 when they came to the showrooms but I couldn´t buy one because the price, now I have been thinking alot on buy one but I have some doubts.....

1.- I know the rc is heavier than the zx6 but, is it very noticeable when riding on track???

2.- at the end of the straight line when it´s a very hard breaking zone, is very dificult to stop it?? this question is because I know that this bike doesn´t have slipper clutch so i´m concern about the rear chatter or "jumps" because of the downshifts.

3.- what lap time difference are between a modern 600 class and the RC?? (same rider, same track)

4.- on the corners when the bike is lean, is very tough to come a little bit hard on the gas as with the I4´s???

5.- is good choice to change the forks for a cbr1000 04-07 ones???

I hope you guys can help me with these questions in order to get a clear idea about buying my DREAM BIKE, I really like the looks of this bike but I dont want to be behind my friends on the track since all of us rode in the same second.....

Thanks
1. Yes

2. The rc in my opinion has some of the best brakes on a sportbike period. There could be some chatter I guess it just depends. Also they do make slipper clutches for the rc.

3. Couldn't tell ya. Never tracked a 600 before. I don't think there are to many comparisons with a 600 and the rc. Now maybe a 750 but not the 600's

4. I don't think so. There is alot more torque there but the power is more contollable than an I4.

5. Not sure about changing to the cbr forks but definately a good idea to get the stock ones reworked for your size and weight or better yet just switch to Ohlins units.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. Yes

2. The rc in my opinion has some of the best brakes on a sportbike period. There could be some chatter I guess it just depends. Also they do make slipper clutches for the rc.

3. Couldn't tell ya. Never tracked a 600 before. I don't think there are to many comparisons with a 600 and the rc. Now maybe a 750 but not the 600's

4. I don't think so. There is alot more torque there but the power is more contollable than an I4.

5. Not sure about changing to the cbr forks but definately a good idea to get the stock ones reworked for your size and weight or better yet just switch to Ohlins units.

Thanks man,
do you know around how much is for a slipper clutch??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts