RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting bombarded by these young guys that say their r1 can kick my bikes ass, and that the zx10 is sooooo much faster...

And i try to explain that this is a bike made for trackdays....
That i make torque down low where they dont ect ect...

They just come back with these stories of 180hp, and 100ftlbs of torque...

Can someone help me out

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
They are correct as far as out right speed and top horsepower.

Of course the game changes when the rider skill level is involved.

My old 600 would tear some R1/929 ass in the twisties. Straight line no chance.

Thats why I bought this...the great equalizer. I passed my cousin in a big sweeper at 135 mph....smooth as silk.:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
yeah, just goes to show how much those guys really don't know about motorcycle racing. Theres plenty of guys out there that will destroy R1's and ZX-10's on RS250's and 125's any trackday. A monkey can get on a bike and go fast in a straight line.
Next time you should ask those guys if they can use there bikes to their full potential or if they solely depend on the bikes specs and HP numbers for bragging and talking trash. No doubt they are good bikes, but its just ridiculous to brag about how fast the bike is......anyone can buy one of those, not many people even know what an RC is.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes those bikes are faster, but that's not what riding an RC51 is about. Quit listening to and trying to argue with parking lot heros and go enjoy your RC:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
ask them how many world super bike championships have their bikes won ? cheers buddha
To true budda...

You could also tell them that their bikes are just another number off the production line ...that they have no pedigree...the history of the RC 51 speaks for itself and to finish off" how much will their bike be worth in 10 years time"guarantee yours will be worth 5 fold:D

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
i tend to stay away from the younger riders.....even though i fall within that category. I tend to be more comfortable and find more to talk about with the mature crowd who actually follow Motogp/ WSBK, do trackdays instead of wheelies and burnouts, and know what an RC51 is.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would have posted earlier, but I got about half way through and stopped, ran out to my RC and went hunting for some of theses haters, didn't find any but I sure had alot of fun looking!!! :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
My '04 rc is the only sport bike I've ever had and the only one I'll ever have. However, I keep hearing about how rare rc's are, their pedigree, reliability, head turners etc. and yet they are cheap! I probably couldn't get more than 5.5K for it. Why isn't a bone stock '04 worth 7-8K? Maybe the buyer pool is small due to it's specialized use, it's weight, ergonomics. I don't know. I just think this unbeleivable bike would be worth more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah, just goes to show how much those guys really don't know about motorcycle racing. Theres plenty of guys out there that will destroy R1's and ZX-10's on RS250's and 125's any trackday. A monkey can get on a bike and go fast in a straight line.
Next time you should ask those guys if they can use there bikes to their full potential or if they solely depend on the bikes specs and HP numbers for bragging and talking trash. No doubt they are good bikes, but its just ridiculous to brag about how fast the bike is......anyone can buy one of those, not many people even know what an RC is.
agreed. Many people don't know what an NSX is. That was the ish back in the day, however, many modern sportcars like STI's and Evo's are probably "faster" than an NSX. Of course it still has its track record and racing pedigree. And today, people still pay more for an NSX despite it not being "faster" than the new cars. It is a classic.

I think the RC-51 is a lot like the NSX. And like the NSX, not everybody knows what an RC-51 is, but those who really know what an RC-51 is, knows what an RC-51 is

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
As Pirelli says, "Power Without Control Is Nothing".
Have them show you their lap times at the track.
Otherwise I have no time for squids and posers.
There's tons of scrapped out or "rolling wounded" 600s and 1000s down here from those bozos.

However I will tell you who gets more looks and questions than they do at bike night.
My and my RC!! :)
As I've said several times before, a rider on a brand new $23K+ Aprilia RSV4 Factory pointed to my RC51 and told me "those are really great bikes".

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
My '04 rc is the only sport bike I've ever had and the only one I'll ever have. However, I keep hearing about how rare rc's are, their pedigree, reliability, head turners etc. and yet they are cheap! I probably couldn't get more than 5.5K for it. Why isn't a bone stock '04 worth 7-8K? Maybe the buyer pool is small due to it's specialized use, it's weight, ergonomics. I don't know. I just think this unbeleivable bike would be worth more.
gday mate, here a stock rc51 is about 10k agood one is 12-13k !! :eek::eek: cheers buddha

·
Registered
32 Posts
i love my 51 but i would sell it in a second if i could afford a 45, or even find one. but yes all in all big hp numbers dont mean jack, 51s are bikes with soul and puprose, i'll enjoy mine while the squids are giving each other reach arounds about their gixxer thous and such, they dont even have a clue lol. oh and i own a 05 cbr 1000 and i prefer the 51 when i want to feel apart of the ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I keep getting bombarded by these young guys that say their r1 can kick my bikes ass, and that the zx10 is sooooo much faster...

And i try to explain that this is a bike made for trackdays....
That i make torque down low where they dont ect ect...

They just come back with these stories of 180hp, and 100ftlbs of torque...

Can someone help me out
Quit hangin' with the wrong crowd.

Tell them "It's better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow".

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just like my CBX, my RC51's pipes do the talking. When I pull up into a bunch of squids at a gas station, that sexy 427ci V8 rumble of the 51 turns heads, enough said. The BULLSH*&T stops there!

John

1 - 20 of 50 Posts