RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I am very confused and need some wisdom and help. A week ago my throttle cable(B) snapped. Last night I get the new one in and take the beast apart to replace it. Once I get it installed and everything put back together she will fire up but won't idle. She just dies quickly. I have tried adjusting those cables every way I could and each time she will fire up and then die. Please help me resolve this I need and want her up and running again.

I thought this would be an easy fix but it has turned into a nightmare

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it will but as long as you hold it. Where is the idle adjuster and which way or how would I adjust it?

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
The idle adjuster is on the right side near the oil filler cap.
Turn right to increase idle, left to decrease.
The idle when warm, is 1300 +/- 100 RPM.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
If you wouldn't mind in your time of need, take a few pictures of the cables. I want to see the location of where yours broke so I know where to lubricate them better.

Sub has you on the right path.

Take care.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys found the problem, Sub you were on the right track but the main problem was the map Sensor. I unplugged that and she started right up.

Madbuyer I already have her back together but I will have her apart soon to install the new map sensor

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It snapped down by the throttle bodies were it connects. The only thing I can think of is that someone in the parking lot thought they were cool and were messing with the throttle and turned it the whacked it the wrong way. And by them rolling it forward instead of back, it snapped the Throttle cable B.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Hey guys found the problem, Sub you were on the right track but the main problem was the map Sensor. I unplugged that and she started right up.

Madbuyer I already have her back together but I will have her apart soon to install the new map sensor

Thanks everyone
It should run with either MAP or BARO sensors bad, although poorly.
The "ride home" mode of the ECU.
But it's still good you found the problem. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts