RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike wont start, after I ran out of gas on a brand new fuel pump, unless throttle is wide open then it dies if I let go! it was running good before ran out of gas.:mad:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Choke cable operating properly?
Check drain tubes for liquids.
Fuel system filter check and air purge may be needed, running out of fuel will cause "sediment" to enter system and possibly overheat your new fuel pump, since it had no cooling fluid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Choke cable operating properly?
Check drain tubes for liquids.
Fuel system filter check and air purge may be needed, running out of fuel will cause "sediment" to enter system and possibly overheat your new fuel pump, since it had no cooling fluid.
Won't start with choke enableded only with throttle wide open
Cable it's operating properly

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Since you mentioned "brand new fuel pump:"

Did you do the installation or did a shop perform the work? I would prop the fuel tank up and re-trace the wiring and hoses to doublecheck. Was the harness for the fuel pump plugged back in?

Chances are it's something simple; g'luck troubleshooting!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spark was good then I assumed it was gas problem I removed the vacuum line from FPR them prime the fuel pump couple times I can se fuel dripping from FPR where vacuum line connects to
A sign of bad diaphragm on FPR

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Spark was good then I assumed it was gas problem I removed the vacuum line from FPR them prime the fuel pump couple times I can se fuel dripping from FPR where vacuum line connects to
A sign of bad diaphragm on FPR
Ah Ha! Another astute diagnosis! You nailed it.
Hopefully it wasn't coincidence for another hidden problem.
The reason no one thought of that, is because it's rare that all of a sudden the diaphragm fails and craps out like that. Typically it deteriorates over time giving you tell-tale signs and problems, none of which you described in your opening post. But weirder things have happened...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey Zana...how hard was it replacing the regulator ? is that the same as the MAP sensor ?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
^ It's not too bad of a job. FWIW, I documented the replacement of it somewhere in my "Finally Found One" thread w/ a brief description and pics...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts