RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from a weekend of corner working at the New York Safety Track. Good to see three RC51s in the Blue Session and a 996 in the Yellow session. All looked and sounded great. Keep these motorcycles where they belong, on the track!

Good luck
KRR

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tyler, good to hear from you! This past weekend there was a candy purple SV650 at NYST. First time out with the bike. Everything ran fine, no problems, bike is plenty strong. Refreshed suspension really worked throughout the corners. I mad a couple of minor adjustments in the rear damping as it was a little harsh.

I did need to adjust the seat padding with a buck knife. The seat seemed to always push me forward and put stress on my arms. I removed the staples from the seat cover and shaved seat foam about 3/4 inch at the rear of the seat. The modification held my butt back and took the pressure off my arms.

All is well, looking forward to our next session. Thank you.

Pictures of your RC 51 on the track?

I still ride my 04 RC 51 to work every clear day.

KRR

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glad it is working out well for you. I've been out on the RC twice so far this year and will be on it again on the 15th. Here is a shot from a drying Grattan last month.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Summit 3 times so far this year, more to come, and jersey end of month. Buddy with us has an RC as well. Love seeing them out where they belong, have seen a couple others here and there this year too but havent been able to catch up much with them in the pits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts