RC51 Forums banner

Rc8/r

6K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  gts455 
#1 ·

hey guys just wanted to see what your thoughts are on this bike, either the regular RC8 or the Rc8r,

i myself have not seen them yet on the road, this would be the second year i believe they will be produced, i see some recalls on them, which i believe is for the trans, could be wrong.

its a twin, so i figured i would ask around here . i believe the regular model will retail for around $15k and the R model for about $20k.

i think its a good looking bike and i just have a natural love for the twins. still the RC51 has a special place with me.

See less See more
#8 ·
hahahahaha just spat my drink across my screen pmsl! :D:D:D

#7 ·
x2,
honda should bring back a v twin, even if it doesnt make sense from a bsuiness point jk

if, by the time i am ready to buy another bike and honda does not come out with another v twin i will prob go with this thing. need to have a twin though. but you never know

#10 ·
The RC8R is the better bike.
Especially with the performance kit installed.
Then you have similar performance as the Ducati 1198R.
Although probably just as expensive.

I've been following this bike since it's initial design stages 6 years ago.
It was bases on the 990 Superduke engine before they redesigned it.

#12 ·
its an awesome bike.Sounded AMAZING. saw one run at an MRA event in colorado.....it destroyed everything in its class. KTM is dominating the club\privateer racing scene with it. I'd trade my BMW for one easily. They are hard to find though. Talked with 3 KTM dealers out here, only one could get it. I guess the dealer has to be at a certain level before KTM will give them one. Even this dealer said theyd have to custom order and it would take a bit.

#13 ·
I've been watching this bike grow and change for the past 6 years, I'm very biased being that I've raced KTM's in the dirt for 9 years now.. They're top notch on build never had a problem with any of mine, glad to see they're starting to branch out and grow into a "Big" company...

#15 ·
nice video. I was checking out the Red Bull and Akrapovich editions last night......they are pretty sick looking.

#17 ·
i didn't like it at first either, but it's grown on me. Kind of like the Ducati 999's cyclops eye headlight.

#19 ·
John,

For some great videos go to youtube and type in 4theriders. the Banquet video and Slide are amazing. Very well put together and i bet you'll go for a ride immediately after.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.