RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wellp...It's about time to post 'er up.

Here's a couple shots of my Piggy. Years ago, I worked in a Nissan shop doing all manner of things and had a few conversations with a customer about motorcycles and his RC51 (he had a 300ZX we did a buncha stuff to). Fast forward a decade and another friend calls all excited that he got an RC51 from his friend, the original owner. I remember clearly the OG owner talking about acquiring the set of Sato test cans that Dan Kyle and Mr. Sato used for dyno tuning in 2000 (this is VIN 226), so when I see the bike and the cans I put the two together and we realized we had the same friend. Anyway I knew friend #2 is Moto A.D.D. and would sell sooner or later. so I posted on the fence ready to pounce. I'm the 3rd owner, but the bike is still "In the family" as it were.

This piggy was a very clean stock modded example when I got it and would be so still if I hadn't taken her to the track and fallen head over for her. She needed money and gifts thrown at her like any middle aged girl. The Ohlins rear, (Unbadged) Sato cans, Sato rearsets and some other trinkets were already there when I got her, to which I added Thermae Front mounts, Dan Kyles NIX carts, a few wheels (these are Tri R's that are not really suited for hammering on (loose rear right bearing bore). I have Marchesini Magnesiums to go on as soon as I make the spacers. DHC snorkel, airbox, 520, stump puller gearing (almost uses up 6th at Thill), CBR600rr stick coil mod, SP2 Swinger ready to mount as soon as sbkdrew gets the underhung caliper brackets ready to go, and the last thing to go on fill be a slipper clutch to go under repsolCraigs billet cover. Last thing. HAHA. Famous....Last....Words...

Enjoy.

Dan

....and one more shot, posing with Piggy number 2...

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
VERY NICE!!!!
:eek:
I'd love to see those wheels in motion!

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Very cool bike/build, well done!

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Looks good D ! Glad to see you put a thread up on the ol' SP1... They are all a labor of love around here.

Cheers ! :)

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Creamsicle is exactly right on the wheels. Ill spin it on a stand and take a pic...

Thanks for the props guys. Im pretty enamored with the RC for sure. Funny thing is I got the CBR because I thought I wanted more power at the track to keep up in the straights with my GSXR and R1 riding friends. Now I realize that wasn't the ticket. I love the CBR but the RC is the complete package for me. ESPECIALLY when some dude has his 999 trackbike there... :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A little quick release goodness inside my DHC airbox. I really need to get my hands on some pretty velocity stacks. No time to make them....

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Speak to SPeter on 'zilla.
I got my custom white delrin stacks off of him... they are very nice.
Available in black too. :)
May want to order up his quick release kit as well for seat and tank.

I am looking to acquire dry break fittings as well.

Looks good ! :cool:

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know! His delrin stacks are beautiful but he is only doing SP2 right now. :(

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I know! His delrin stacks are beautiful but he is only doing SP2 right now. :(
Well D...

I may be able to help, I have his first ever sold set of SP1 stacks.

I could send them to you for use... until you get yours from him.
Would want mine back when that happens as they are his very first ones released.

My bike is nowhere near street worthy so if I can help out I will.

Let me know :cool:

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks DH! I appreciate the offer. Honestly there will be little time to work on the bikes anytime soon. I'll hold off but MAY take you up on that if dyno time comes and I still have not found a set.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
PM sent on stacks and quick releases.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts