RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the rear axle inner diameters? I just got a set of Pit Bull TRS pins direct from PB and both sides are too small. They aren't open until Monday to check with them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I removed the axle and found that both end had been smashed slightly, likely from pounding the axle in/out with a non-rubber mallet. A little Dremel clean-up and the pins slide right in.

I would like to take this opportunity the mention how awesome Pit Bull is. Their products will out last any bike, and they have great customer service. I ordered the pins Thursday and had them on my doorstep Saturday.

I would also like to thank Riders Discount. I normally order everything through them, but they recommended going straight to PB, since I needed them faster than they might be able to get them to me. Excellent service as usual.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Always put a light coating of grease on the axles and swingarm pivot bolt (if removed) to prevent corrosion and make removal/install easier.
I have no idea what issue the prior owner had, but taking a sledge to the axle is a symptom of a larger problem.
Not good on bearing races either. Tends to destroy them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts