RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking over the bike ready for a ride tomorrow morning when I noticed the rear caliper carrier looking faaaar too close to the disc.

Fo full disclosure, yes, I refitted the rear wheel myself after I gave the bike a good clean when I took delivery of it in January.

Tell me what I've done wrong.

Cheers

Attachments

N

·
0 Posts
There should be a spacer between the caliper carrier and the wheel. There's one on either side of the wheel so either you have them reversed or the right side is missing.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Spacer is missing.
The spacer with the hat (5) goes on the sprocket side, the spacer that's actually a collar (4) goes on the brake side. As I recall, it's about 1 inch thick.
Poke them into the dust seals of the wheel before fitting the wheel back in the swingarm and have your brake bracket sitting in the inner groove of the swing arm. That will space your disc at the appropriate position.
I use a ziptie to hold the bracket to the swingarm while I slide the rear wheel in place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Had a quick look in the garage and couldn't find any spacer. So either I lost them or it was delivered to me like that.

Went out on a couple of gentle rides as the weather has been rubbish over here but glad It's been spotted in good times.

Cheers.

JB

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don't go on anymore rides until you have this issue sorted out. Never mind the damage to the bike, your risking your life. Glad you spotted this issue in time!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All good gents! and thanks for your concerns.

It was indeed my fault as I refitted the spacers the wrong way round! Will know better next time.

The sun has finally shown its face here in the UK so went out this afternoon and emptied a couple of tanks.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts