RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to fit a new pressure (brake light) switch to the rear brake master as mine's stopped working and inspection is coming around again in a couple of months.

Brembo offers 2 different sizes for replacing the banjo bolt. P1.00 or P1.25.

I did check online parts catalogue, but it doesn't state thread pitch so now
as I'd rather not remove it and need to bleed the brake to check before ordering, I'm wondering - Does anybody know?

Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sub. I have an OEM master so 1.25 it is. I can get the switch ordered now, you saved me having to measure it & bleed the brake whilst I wait for a new switch to arrive, thanks!

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Most of the Euro bikes, and aftermarket Brembo stuff use the 1.0 thread pitch. Japanese are usually 1.25 with some exceptions, I'm sure. I want to say suzuki went with 1.0 on some models. Not 100% sure though....
I do know that Suzuki went with a 7mmx1.00 on their valve cover retaining bolts on the old oil cooled motors...now that's a bit of an odd ball.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do know that Suzuki went with a 7mmx1.00 on their valve cover retaining bolts on the old oil cooled motors...now that's a bit of an odd ball.
Maybe they made the casings a little beefier for M7, then should the threads ever strip it's easier to tap & replace with M8 (As opposed to finding M7 to replace M6)? :confused:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Maybe they made the casings a little beefier for M7, then should the threads ever strip it's easier to tap & replace with M8 (As opposed to finding M7 to replace M6)? :confused:
I don't think so as the valve cover bolts bolted into the cam holder/caps, I worked on one that the customer had stripped out the threads and the only choice was to replace the cam cap as there was not enough meat to tap out to a larger thread pitch...

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe Suzuki thought M7 was more likely to withstand tension than M6, although that would be no justification for over-tightening...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts