RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put some used rear sets on my RC. They did NOT come with a rear brake light switch. I have combed the net and maybe I'm not using the right search terms but can someone guide me to the best solution? Pictures of your setups maybe with a part number for the banjo integrated switch? I assume that is the easiest way? I tried searching first and thank you ahead of time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I have located the part. Should be Goodridge PBL992-32CH. Also, it should be 10mm x 1.25 thread pitch for anyone looking.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Yup, best solution is to just use your front brakes, the only time I use my rear is when traffic is crawling...the brake light doesn't get brighter using FanR. If you really want thou, get some epoxy ,a small bracket and a spring, I'm sure you make that work.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just feel like something is broken if it doesn't work...

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I've seen both sides of this discussion. There is no black and white as there are significant geographical differences in enforcement.

For me, I didn't want the potential hassle of a non working rear brake switch. Seen it with the po po hassle first hand.

That is why I have the switch, bought it with the Sato rearsets. Thx for the post wademcgee to add it on to others.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just removed mine, and cleaned up the wireharness, its pretty busy to begin with, with wire, tubes and everything, so looks a lot "cleaner".

Although they are mandatory in Denmark, letting off the thottle probably slows the bike down faster anyways, and hardly ever use the rearbrake.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want mine to work, call me strange. I also found this in a Goodridge manual. Some good info on this page actually.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts