RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an SP1 with a fender eliminator already installed..... not provided with the original stock parts :mad:

The LEDs are sealed in this kit, so I can't change them I don't think. Does anyone know of a way to beef up the voltage to them to make them brighter? I've looked on google for an hour and I'm not seeing very much aside from replacing the LEDs... which, as I mentioned, is not an option.

I'm going to get rear ended at some point, and I need to pass safety.

Any help is much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed this exact undertail on mine about three months ago. The fit was spot on and the lights are super bright. I had the same issue you did, could barely see any of the lights especially in the daylight. I didnt have alot of money so I bought this figuring it would be easy to tear apart and install regular filament bulbs for cheap. Turned out the lights installed are awesome. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-RC51-00-01-02-03-05-06-UNDERTAIL-BLACK-UN14A-/130806678270?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e74af82fe&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will get pics later today..... I was just wondering if anyone has successfully made the LEDs brighter. One thing that may work is actually having the lights off when the brakes are not applied then turn on when they are. something tells me this would require a complete bypass of the wiring system in place from the front and back brake switches.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts