RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a very clean 2001 RC51 and my wife commented that there is no back seat. She does like to ride - occassionally. I can't find a seat for a 2001 but plenty for 2002-2006. I do see some seats saying 2000-2006 - it is the same seat for all years?

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
yea its the same for all years

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good AM NCRC51 and congrats on your latest purchase. While there are different rear seat part numbers for the SP1 and SP2, the fitment is the same. The only difference, from what I've been able to tell, are the silver brackets (SP1 appears to be made of steel while the SP1 is aluminum). I've owned both part numbers and have installed each on my '05 RC51. Here are some pics of the two different part numbers:

SP1 (77300-MCF-000) *part discontinued from Honda

SP2 (77300-MCF-D30) *part still available from Honda

Hope this helps,

Jason

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have one ill sell in good shape
Thanks - wish I had known last night before I spent $153 on a new one! I do appreciate your response though - next time I'll wait a few minutes and see if anybody replies with "I have one I'll sell you". Again, thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good AM NCRC51 and congrats on your latest purchase. While there are different rear seat part numbers for the SP1 and SP2, the fitment is the same. The only difference, from what I've been able to tell, are the silver brackets (SP1 appears to be made of steel while the SP1 is aluminum). I've owned both part numbers and have installed each on my '05 RC51. Here are some pics of the two different part numbers:

View attachment 135539

View attachment 135540

Hope this helps,

Jason

View attachment 135539

View attachment 135540

Hope this helps,

Jason
It did help and I've already bought one based on your response. This forum is great - I've owned 16 motorcycles in my 53 years and I've never found a "community" as tight as this one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you leave the metal brackets off of the bottom , it gives you a little more room under the seat. I believe they are strengtheners for if a passenger were actually able to hold onto the strap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you leave the metal brackets off of the bottom , it gives you a little more room under the seat. I believe they are strengtheners for if a passenger were actually able to hold onto the strap.
Thanks again. If you are ever in NC (doing The Tail of the Dragon perhaps) let me know and I'll meet you and show you some equally good (and not so crowded) roads.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My sister lives in Black Mountain , but I haven't been there since she moved there a few years ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My sister lives in Black Mountain , but I haven't been there since she moved there a few years ago.
I live in Greensboro (mid-state) but love the mountains so much I keep an apartment there year round so my wife and I can go on the weekends (and ride)....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts