RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im looking at getting a rear stand and chain breaker riveter what are some good ones that wont break the bank? What do u guys use?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cycle Gear.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
^^^^Wut he sed. I got my cut/rivet tool for $29.95, I would check to see if the special is still going on (buy anything & get the chain tool for $30).

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I have the Stockton chain tool from cycle gear and it works, but there are better out there. hard to beat the price if you get it on sale though. When this one breaks, I'll probably step up to a higher quality one. The Stockton one feels cheap, but it is cheap.

For stands I have pit bull. They are built like tanks, and probably more than most will ever need with a sportbike. But coming from a set of cheap lockhart Phillips stands, they are definitely more stable. With the lp stands, the bike wobbles very easily because the tubes are thin and weak.

As with everything, you will tend to get what you pay for. If you can buy a better one now, then do it and save yourself the cost of buying the same thing twice. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts