RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought a rear tire hugger for an '03 CBR600RR to fit to my '03 SP2. What do I have to modify and where and how for it to fit onto the swingarm?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I heartily recommend the Tyga carbon-fiber rear hugger for the SP2.
It's only around $99, and while more expensive than the CBR600RR piece, it perfectly fits the contours of the SP2 swingarm, which the CBR unit does not.
It also does not require any drilling and uses the OEM mounting holes.
You can install this unit in a matter of minutes.
Plus it looks wonderful!!

·
Banned
427 Posts
you don't have to drill the swingarm to make the CBR hugger fit. a small peice of velcro or other will work fine. use a well not on the one side and a small rubber grommet on them to space them up for taller tires it is not that difficult

Also if you want you CAN drill a small 4mm hole in the back bone with a cordless drill and thread tap it in about 6 min

demo pics from maybe 2002 or so-ish

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
I spray painted the Hugger in the color to match my front fender.

do you bolt the Chain guard on top of the Hugger ? . ..and what can I use to attach the Hugger on the Chain guard side. ?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I spray painted the Hugger in the color to match my front fender.

do you bolt the Chain guard on top of the Hugger ? . ..and what can I use to attach the Hugger on the Chain guard side. ?
Usually you remove the chain guard to mount the hugger.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think I have to use spacers, and a longer Bolt on the Brake line side..because the hugger touch the tire on the brake line side :mad:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I took the Hugger off ..it was almost touching the tire ..and when you use spacers ..there was a ugly gap.:eek:..and with my Luck the Velcro would not hold it up.:mad:

I will look for a affordable Carbon Hugger that is made for the SP2.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used a dob of silicone under the middle bolt hole in the hugger, and with the original mounting hole's either side it is rock solid :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts