RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im at the track, did not know how well the bike or I would do, turns out we are both doing well, but I have run into a problem. My tires will be shot at the end of the day(pirelli) and the track rep is insisting tthe no longer make 190 rears and I have to get a 200-actually he is wanting me to get a superbike pro. Its my understanding they dont grip as well bu t last longer. Should I do a 180 which ive never had on this bike? Any thoughts? Im sure there is a million answers if I was at home laying in bed searching. Any good experienced ones?

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
ya give the 200 a go, i think the 180 isnt that great on the rc.

dont know much about track tires but i run Q3 or Bridgestone S20 in 190/55 on street they have been great

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, im so used to the pirelli soft gumminess, and no wories in turn one definitely stickn with the s.c. rads are doing splendid got a consisten 180-190 deg. Going on. IM riding it like a stolen dirtbike.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I just put a 200/55 on my bike, and I haven't really put it to the test, but so far it has all the grip (probably more) I'm used to with my previous 190/55.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dunlop gp 212 pro, awesome tyres. I don't know if you get them in the states? 17 psi in the rear because of the construction! And good enough for mcguiness 129 mph lap of the tt.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well at the end of day two I still had good grip, so since I started the tire on backwards I just flipped em both.Had the warmers on the whole time so just a couple heat cycles. After seeing my wheels outside the pirelli trailer for a couple hours we grabbed em and went to the bridgestone guy and he was happy to flip them for me. So got em back on and ready for a couple races tomorrow. Im here why not?

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most of the pieces came from you guys! Thank you. Its great to be using it! Great weather and great people here at the track! Tire things a bugger. Michelin, dunlop, bridgestone all have representation here but the only guys not standing around is the pirelli guy. He has an amusement park style line. Funny because I think pirelli does not support these amateur guys as much as the others.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well all in all the Pirelli had great grip at the end of day three, and ill use it for a track day. Seems to wear much better with a little heat in the track. I will call the fellow at podium for the scoop on what I was told by the vendor at the track. And ill stick with 190's . Never thought id be forced to have to use a different size or manufacturer. Ill just make sure I have an extra so im not caught with my pants down again. It was surprising that he did not have one on the trailer. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just bought 2 set of Q3 from 4 Wheel Online 1 is 190 and another 200. I would say 190 would the perfect size compared to 200 due to you can't really use the whole surface area of it also as you will see the shape of the wheel is oval not widen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts