RC51 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, just looking for some opinions and maybe some testimonials on aftermarket clip ons and rearsets.

On my Old GSX-R I had Vortex clip ons and rearsets and they seemed fine and were affordable. I want to change out the ones on the RC and was wondering if anybody here knows anything about any other brands, i.e. quality, price etc.

Also, any brands to stay away from?

I would love some Gilles gear, but way way way out of the budget! Maybe Santa will be nice!

Also, anybody know of any manufacturerers besides Gilles that do chain adjusters? I hate the factory set up with the two bolts. Also, this would allow me to not have to drill my swingarm to mount spools because I could get lifters to attach to the chain adjusters.

Any help is always appreciated as always.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Pretty much all adjustable rearsets will be expensive to varying degrees.
Non-adjustable rearsets such as Woodcraft are much less expensive.
But you're stuck with what position they deemed correct.
I myself have Sato rearsets. I must say they are very well with excellent finish.

Attack Performance rearsets are adjustable and are a bit less compared to others. They are made from 7075-T6 which is a stronger alloy than the usual 6061-T6 used.
It's a bit more difficult alloy to machine, but much stronger.

Prior to buying Sato's, I was waiting for a possible vendor who was contemplating producing adjustable rearsets in magnesium to match my magnesium clip-ons.
I thought that would be very trick, but they dropped the project for the time being.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SubSailor. Who did your clip ons? Magnesium huh? Very trick. How many positions can your Sato's be adjusted to? What was the price?

·
Registered
27 Posts
+1 on the sato,s

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what's the word on Renthal clip ons? I was looking at them and they seem pretty high quality.

·
Premium Member
3,297 Posts
i have gilles vario bars on the R6 and RC. they are great clip ons, very comfortable. ive seen a couple for sale fairly cheap. im thinking about gilles rearsets for the RC or Mille. have heard nothing but good things about them. ill keep an eye out and let you know if i see anything worthwhile and cheap.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hmmm..saw rear set for RC51 at Ebay...but from Thailand,..looks nice..i might be getting that..but that will be my next year Christmas list...as for clip on...u can try Rockwall ...It cheap...

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts
Hey everybody, just looking for some opinions and maybe some testimonials on aftermarket clip ons and rearsets.

On my Old GSX-R I had Vortex clip ons and rearsets and they seemed fine and were affordable. I want to change out the ones on the RC and was wondering if anybody here knows anything about any other brands, i.e. quality, price etc.

Also, any brands to stay away from?

I would love some Gilles gear, but way way way out of the budget! Maybe Santa will be nice!

Also, anybody know of any manufacturerers besides Gilles that do chain adjusters? I hate the factory set up with the two bolts. Also, this would allow me to not have to drill my swingarm to mount spools because I could get lifters to attach to the chain adjusters.

Any help is always appreciated as always.

The mod page on rc51.org (the free area) has a nice review on quite a few rearsets for the 51.

I have Sato's and love them. Also have the Gilles adjusters with the lifts and I'm happy with them.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Thanks SubSailor. Who did your clip ons? Magnesium huh? Very trick. How many positions can your Sato's be adjusted to? What was the price?
They are Durrani Racing adjustable magnesium clip-ons.
The are adjustable from 0 to 12 Deg of angle.

They also use a standard stub bar, so any straight bar can be used.
I've noticed some adjustable clip-ons use a bar with an offset that fits into the bar clamp portion for angle positioning.
You can only use a similar replacement bar in that case.

Durrani was also working on magnesium rearsets and I was hoping to score some for my RC51, but at the time there were only producing for Gixxers.

Sadly, I've learned they are now out of business as of August.
So I guess my magnesium clip-ons are now collectors items of a sort.
Too bad as they are very lightweight.

As for Sato rearsets positions, here's the position combinations:

1 0 mm 10mm Up
2 0 mm 20mm Up
3 10mm Back 10mm Up
4 10mm Back 20mm Up
5 10mm Back 30mm Up
6 20mm Back 20mm Up
7 20mm Back 30mm Up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts