RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got the RC, I noticed that the right rear signal wasn't working...looks like the wires have pulled out. Not real familiar with re-connecting LED wires, so figured I would go ahead and get another strip. Had to do the exact same thing to my Busa when I bought it. The place I bought the strip from off Ebay no longer exists. I've been searching and can't find which tail this is...also anyone know of a place that sells the replacement? Found a couple, just a little expensive...it's 2" wide, 6 LED's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
It is a mototeck (mototech?) tail. They either stopped making them years ago, or went out of business, or both.

I had the same one, same thing happened. I just resoldered the wires back onto the circuit board. The circuit board is just held in place with hot glue. The wires don't have any kind of stress reliever on them, so when they get moved around a lot, it breaks the solder connection. I used some hot glue or tape to affix the wires to the plastic undertail material about an inch away from the lights. This way, when you move them around, you aren't tugging on the solder.

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a mototeck (mototech?) I used some hot glue or tape to affix the wires to the plastic undertail material about an inch away from the lights. This way, when you move them around, you aren't tugging on the solder.
Good idea...although I'm not sure where the wires connect. I tried to touch the negative and positive wires on different locations and was only able to make one if the LED's come on....far from an expert on these!

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Good idea...although I'm not sure where the wires connect. I tried to touch the negative and positive wires on different locations and was only able to make one if the LED's come on....far from an expert on these!
The led's may have come loose from the board. They should be the small square ones with four posts and a domed top. They are called "superflux 4 chip" led's. Check out oznium.com. They have them if I remember correctly. Hid planet is a good forum that has a nice led section with some walkthroughs on the basics of popular led's and how to wire them up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts