RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have a SP1 (2000) and have installed Led turn signals front and back. The stock turn signal relay is three pin (Wires are Green, Grey and White/Green). I kept blowing fuses with my two pin relay as i am an idiot and it didnt register in time. Anyhow now searching for the three pin relay solution. If any of you have done this to your SP1 please share your knowledge and source of procurement of these three pin relays. I did find some stuff on ebay but connecting those will be trickey... Please help...

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I have this relay on my 06 RC and my 96 CBR900RR., Mounts in the stock location and can be used with the factory band type rubber mounting. I know it's only a 2 pin but I am NOT having any problems at all and have used these for a few years.

https://tstindustries.com/LED-Flasher-Relay-Gen2.html

I agree with Wibbly. TST..

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
to clarify

the 3 pin relay is required on bikes that are factory equipped with hazard lights.

basically, there are two circuits that use the flasher relay. the one that goes through the signal light switch to either side of the bike (signal circuit) and the hazard lights circuit that feeds all four corners.

on a hazards equipped bike, you cannot use a 2 pin relay as your system will not function correctly.

this guy is from geneva, so he's obviously got the 3pin relay for hazards allowance.

tripage definitely does a 3 pin, and i believe TST may as well. both are trouble free products.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to clarify

the 3 pin relay is required on bikes that are factory equipped with hazard lights.

basically, there are two circuits that use the flasher relay. the one that goes through the signal light switch to either side of the bike (signal circuit) and the hazard lights circuit that feeds all four corners.

on a hazards equipped bike, you cannot use a 2 pin relay as your system will not function correctly.

this guy is from geneva, so he's obviously got the 3pin relay for hazards allowance.

tripage definitely does a 3 pin, and i believe TST may as well. both are trouble free products.
Thanks to all for the feed back. Will contact tripage and tst. Shitty i cant find them here. Thanks guys!!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any of our members from EU want to chime in on this...Also if you have a source where you procured it would be great :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts