Luis Pernia <pops>

Graveside....

Pops on Luis's RC....

kpowe1....

Luis's brother and sister on the RC....

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Bravo my friends...Bravo. I felt I couldn't help enough at times.
My sentiments exactly...being a father of two wonderful children this post hits home, for all the people involved to the folks on the sidelines with their condolences we have all done a very wonderful thing here for a father, son and family.

You good folk should be very proud we did a good thing here more than any other site I've ever been on, more than most strangers would do for anyone...

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Wow, this really brings a tear...
Huge Thank You kpowe1

My heart goes out to Luis's family, especially his little brother and sister.
That's a fantastic picture of them on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Well done to all!

As is written:
"Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God". Hebrews 13:16

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
That is absolutely awesome. I missed what happened while I was away but am not shocked to see the support that poured out of this forum. Inspiring..

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
That is an awesome closure to that chapter...... It is nice to have made the deadline, and had it all done and put together for Luis's birthday.

Kpowe1... awesome job buddy !!! Great pics !!!

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Such love & sweetness for Luis from his family. Heartwarming to see.
That little bit of help we each gave to put the bike back into one piece was completely worthwhile. I feel thankful I was able to help make a difference, as I'm sure others do when seeing these pictures and words from pops. Luis is by god's side and he could see this day.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
A very proud moment, no doubt - you guys did Luis & his family a solid !

·
Registered
609 Posts
Great work gents.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Here's the thread on the effort to rebuild Luis' bike for his funeral.
http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8479&highlight=yumyumchef

A big thanks to Kpowe1 as he was the man on the spot doing the work, with others feeding parts to him.
It was a worthwhile effort by all for a fallen member and his family.

I'm wondering how Luis' family is doing of late?
Whoever has the email or phone number of Luis' family could touch base just to let them know Luis has not been forgotten.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I would like to know how they are all doing as well.
We still have to have the passenger seat cowl shipped around for signatures by those who donated to the yumyumchef rebuild.

Again... well done to all those who chipped in and made it a reality for the family to be able to have Luis's RC all back together for his funeral.
Awesome members here.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
527 Posts
Gone, But Not Forgotten.

I noticed the thread originally when I was about to leave for the States last year. I went back & read all of Luis' posts.
It seems like he suffered a DVT (Deep Venous Thrombosis) & got a resultant PE (Pulmonary Embolism), that resulted in cardio-pulmonary arrest.
It appeared to me that Luis was over his ideal body weight. When he injured his knee ligaments & delayed his operation, due to lack of adequate health insurance, it resulted in decreased physical activity for him, & hence the DVT, due to stasis of blood in the lower extremities. The clot then dislodged to the pulmonary circulation & the subsequent fatal consequences.
Although this happened after the fall from his bike, trying to avoid those dogs that'd been turned loose by their negligent owners, such an incident could easily have happened after a fall from a staircase, etc.
His time to die had already been determined even before he had been born. But those negligent owners of the dogs that caused this accident to unfold will have to answer for their actions one day ... .. . soon. And that day is not far off for any of us because none of us knows how much time he's left on this Earth.

I Hope & pray that the Gardens of Paradise await Luis. And may God give his family the strength to bear his sudden demise.
Amen.

I aplogize that I've purposely broken my promise to post a picture with each post on this thread.

·
Registered
753 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts