RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gonna be changing the rad fan switch tomo and as ive only just replaced my coolant recently im gonna quickly swap the switches over and need room to do this. any tips for removing the front fairing that covers the lights to give me more room?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Put a towel over your front fender before you remove the upper. The last bolt you remove is the big screw in the center of the upper.

Make a mental note of how the wiring sit inside too.:cool:

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I think it would be easier to unhook a rad hose and drain your coolant into a clean bucket so you can re-use it. You need a bucket or drain pan that can hold at least 6-8 liters.
Then you can take your time threading in the new switch. Those threads are aluminum as I remember, so you don't want to be fighting gushing antifreeze (or wetter) while trying to thread in the new switch.
Be sure the rubber o-ring is on the switch. Don't over-tighten, it's the o-ring that seals-not the threads. There's probably a torque setting in the manual.
Of course then you'll need to burp the baby again. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Put a towel over your front fender before you remove the upper. The last bolt you remove is the big screw in the center of the upper.

Make a mental note of how the wiring sit inside too.:cool:
I forgot this step when I took mine off this winter. Putting it back together last week was a bit of a fight.:mad:

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Wiring? I thought that if the wiring didn't go back the way you liked it that you were supposed to chop and reroute-eventually ending up with an HRC racer harness:confused:

Or end up like gts455 and rewire everything over and over...well I guess I'm guilty of that too.:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Wiring? I thought that if the wiring didn't go back the way you liked it that you were supposed to chop and reroute-eventually ending up with an HRC racer harness:confused:

Or end up like gts455 and rewire everything over and over...well I guess I'm guilty of that too.:eek:
Some diseases have no cure.:(:p:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts