RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of a troubleshooting process, I want to remove the power commander installed on my SP1. My mechanic is insistant that once the power commander is installed, you can't remove it...so he wants me to buy a new one to replace it instead of just removing it.

I really thought I remember that you can remove (and even simply bypass) the power commander by just unplugging it. But again, mechanic insists that you can't do this...is that true?

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
definitely removable, 3 plug in cables and should pop right out. Dynojet also offers warranty

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I'd find a mechanic that knows what he's talking about!

This information is widely available about the PC, so he doesn't exactly have his finger on the pulse does he.

Just my thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Sure you can remove it for testing.
I've been working with Dynojet/Power Commander since last week troubleshooting a misfire problem on my VFR800 that may be caused by my PCV unit.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
As part of a troubleshooting process, I want to remove the power commander installed on my SP1. My mechanic is insistant that once the power commander is installed, you can't remove it...so he wants me to buy a new one to replace it instead of just removing it.

I really thought I remember that you can remove (and even simply bypass) the power commander by just unplugging it. But again, mechanic insists that you can't do this...is that true?

The real question is which model of Powercommander do you have installed? If it is an older PCII I would definitely replace it with a PCV

If it is a PCIII USB then I would not bother with the upgrade.

Lastly I would fire my mechanic for being a dumbass.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Your mechanic is an idiot. Tell him we all said so.
To which he'll most likely reply, oh - then have your keyboard mechanics on some forum fix it for you. BWAHahahahahahahaha.

Lift your tank, on the left side you will see the grey harness connectors. this is where the PC plugs into your bike's factory harness. Simply unplug the PC's connectors, leave them tucked away, and plug the bike's harness back to itself. And unhook the PC's ground wire from the battery if you want too.
There - just bypassed your PC.
Not bad for a keyboard mechanic, huh?
;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts