RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first RC51, an '01 with Remus cans, anybody know anything about these? Also the bike has a power commander 2 but it isn't hooked up, anybody know how I hook it up? get map? Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a set of Remus Ti Oval cans with the PCII on my '00 RC51. Great product - nice boost in power, saved a ton of weight, and very nice sound. I could probably upload the map, but your best bet is to get it on a dyno with an O2 sensor and get the map done right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a set of Remus Ti Oval cans with the PCII on my '00 RC51. Great product - nice boost in power, saved a ton of weight, and very nice sound. I could probably upload the map, but your best bet is to get it on a dyno with an O2 sensor and get the map done right.
Cool, thanks alot. Just out of curiosity have you had yours dynoed?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cool, thanks alot. Just out of curiosity have you had yours dynoed?
Yup. Even wrote an article for Motorcycle Consumer News about it (Aug 2001 issue). The Remus cans were 9.7 pounds lighter than the stock. Stock figures were 118.2/70.5. Just the cans (no PCII mapping) bumped it up to 121.2/70.9, and with cans and optimized mapping it was 122.3/72.1.

Peak HP increased by 4.1hp, but the can/PCII combination straightened out the flat spot around 5750rpm, where the bike gained 8.4hp. It also fixed the off-idle stumbling that so many FI bikes have from running lean to meet EPA limits.

Here's a link to the Power Commander maps. The map I used was M105-010, but I think we tweaked it a bit on the dyno runs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts