RC51 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

When I had my VFR750 I used to have a haynes repair manual. I've been looking for something similar for the RC-51 but can't find much except for downloadable service manuals. Does such a thing even exist for the RC-51?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I picked up an '00-'05 RVT1000R Honda Service Manual off of fleabay for alot less money than the dealership wanted. You could try there. Good luck in your search.

Ride Safe, DannyBoy

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
While I like paper as much as anyone, the electronic version comes in mighty handy.
I can then print off pertinent sections for a specific task I'm doing.

For the paper service manual, contact HELM Inc. at www.helminc.com or 800-782-4356.
This is via Honda's web site.

No hits from Haynes or Clymer.
The RC51 was more a niche product compared to the I-4 models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So in the "service" manuals are there full mechanical and electrical breakdowns of pretty much the entire motorcycle like you'd find in a Haynes or is it just the basic maintenance schedule?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
So in the "service" manuals are there full mechanical and electrical breakdowns of pretty much the entire motorcycle like you'd find in a Haynes or is it just the basic maintenance schedule?
The Honda service manual is THE book you want for the RC51.
For the RC51, it's my bible.
The older manual had an SP2 addendum, while the later versions have both variants together with sections noting the key differences between the two during procedures.

I've used Haynes and Clymer in years past and they aren't near as accurate or detailed as the factory manual.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like I need to get me one of these :)

Thanks Sailor!

p.s. Soon as possible I'll post up some pics of the "new to me" bike. I get kick out of setting off sensetive car alarms on some of the smaller side streets of the city I live in. Then again, I am easily amused . ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know, after thinking it over, I might be better off with an electronic version of the service manual. I tried doing a search online and not having much luck. Anyone have a link to where I can download it?

With a search feature would be really nice too ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts