RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 02 RC and it has the hotbodies undertail installed. I unfortunately didn't pay close attention to the tailights, but the right running LED went out. I've seen some posts on here about replacement LEDs for that undertail, but I've yet to find somewhere to actually purchase. Anybody out there know where to get a replacement or new set for the undertail?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just bought an 02 RC and it has the hotbodies undertail installed. I unfortunately didn't pay close attention to the tailights, but the right running LED went out. I've seen some posts on here about replacement LEDs for that undertail, but I've yet to find somewhere to actually purchase. Anybody out there know where to get a replacement or new set for the undertail?
Hotbodies will sell you a set for $40.

-Todd

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just call them and ask what type, model, size are in the lights and get em yourself. You'll save a ton of money and you'll be able to snag better quality (brighter) LEDs

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just going to do a little custom fabrication and get some 1157 SMD LEDs for the tailights, and have dedicated turn signals. The hotbodies LEDs are very weak and I would prefer not to be rear-ended.

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the same issue with my HB undertail, man the stock lights are dim! I'm looking into this company tonight to see what lights might fit in. I have seen a youtube vid of them in an undertail and they looked great! Just have to figure what size we need! I know it was one of there 48 led set.

http://harrisonspecialties.com/

Maybe these http://www.harrisonspecialties.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HS&Product_Code=48RedReplacement&Category_Code=ReplacementLEDs
Yeah, that's the size you need. 1.85".

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I got my new replacement lights in the mail yesterday! Probably be next week sometime till I get them in. They look well built. Also going to install a Back Off Wig Wag. If anyone is going to order from Harrison this month I have a discount code you can use. It is for 10% off your order of $10+....code is March 2012

·
Administrator
1,238 Posts
I got my new replacement lights in the mail yesterday! Probably be next week sometime till I get them in. They look well built. Also going to install a Back Off Wig Wag. If anyone is going to order from Harrison this month I have a discount code you can use. It is for 10% off your order of $10+....code is March 2012

Let us know how it goes....I'm having to do the same thing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts