RC51 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put my bike down, yes it made me sick too. Now i go to replace my left handlebar and find that it is not a clip on style bar. Do I need to take off the entire top bridge in order to slide the handlebar off and slide the new one on?:confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Download the manual

http://www.rc51.info/index.php?page=service

Or you can drop the forks enough to remove the clip-on.

Jack the bike high enough usually from the bottom of the motor (oil pan) to get the front wheel off the ground. You have to secure the bike from tipping using something like a rear wheel stand and I also use jack stands under the frame sliders for stability. Otherwise you might drop the bike on your car!

Be careful and get help if you need it.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Or if you have a front stand and rear stand, place the bike on both stands and remove the front wheel, calipers, and and fender.
Then you can loosen the fork clamps to slide the fork down far enough to remove and replace the broken clipon.
Refer to the service manual in the previous reply for torque settings when reassembling.

·
Registered
139 Posts
just drop the fork tube, loosen both upper and lower triple clamp bolts lower the fork tube and replace. you will need a front triple tree stand, or perhaps a rear stand and a jack with a block of wood under the oil pan might do it, although it wont be nearly as stable. torque back the bolts to 20ft.lbs (if memory serves me right).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts