RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I mentioned in my introduction post that I made a new vin tag for my 2004 RC51.
I'm using .02 aluminum sheet that was polished and painted black and made for laser engraving.
So far I have the Corel Draw file for the 2004 RC51 tag but I believe it is the same for several years.
I can easily change the year and build date as well as the vin number to match yours.
Check out the pic and if you think it will work for you, that's great, if not send me a pic of
what you want and I'll see what I can do. The US RC51 vin tag was a decal as I understand.
These will have a double sided tape adhesive that we use on customers control panel labels.
It's good stuff, I expect mine will be on the frame for many years. These are sheared to size,
the corners rounded, laser engraved, polished, clear coated and adhesive applied to the back.
You would wipe the spot on your frame with isopropyl alcohol or your favorite degreaser/solvent,
peel the backing paper off and press it onto your frame. The tag in the pic was hard to photograph
because of reflections - wherever there is no black paint, it's shiny polished aluminum.
Cost is $20.00 - that includes shipping in the U.S.
PM me with your info, PayPal is fine or whatever you prefer.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought one from mark it is spot on. My sons bike looked like something was missing now it looks great thanks again Mark great job

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reproduction Vin tags

You still making those Vin-tags?
I have a 2000 here on Maui.
Aloha, Clement
808 336-0823 (text)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I will be making a few this weekend.
I do have to use a padded envelope to ship USPS and that's been $2.61 here in the 48.
I thought I could mail these in a regular envelope but no metal is allowed - could jam the mail sorting machine.
Maui would be more I would guess.
PM me your vin # and build date - build date not really important, I used the same date on mine
as one I found on Google images.
I'll need your email to send a PayPal request for the total and that gets me your shipping address also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wassup cornclown

Yes, I will be making a few this weekend.
I do have to use a padded envelope to ship USPS and that's been $2.61 here in the 48.
I thought I could mail these in a regular envelope but no metal is allowed - could jam the mail sorting machine.
Maui would be more I would guess.
PM me your vin # and build date - build date not really important, I used the same date on mine
as one I found on Google images.
I'll need your email to send a PayPal request for the total and that gets me your shipping address also.
Wassup Cornclown, can you contact me at 808 336-0823 text/call Hawaiian Standard Time.
Thanks, Cheno

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I could use a simple one for a vehicle other than an RC51 (An old Mercedes Benz of all things). Let me know if it might be something you could do. Would save me trying (& probably not doing such a great job) at making one myself. Someone took the original off the car. It's also a sticker of similar proportions.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
CC did a nice job on mine !
I like your signature line Codder. Been living by that motto my entire life. Soon as you start acting old, you are!

Reactions: chuckhunter

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Do you think you could do one for a 96 CBR900RR if I sent you a photo of the vin sticker? Very similar to the RC..

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Got my VIN plate for a 96 CBR900RR that CC did. Fantastic work and a great guy to deal with!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question, is this legal to have on our bikes? I'm missing mine and need to get my RC title transferred to me here in Cali. Bought the bike in Kansas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Vin Tag Replacement

When I made my Vin tag, the way I saw it was I was replacing something that I couldn't buy from Honda.
I copied a photo of the correct year and everything on the tag is the correct words and numbers except
the day and month numbers. I don't know when mine was made exactly. I would think that as long as the information on the tag concerning tires, pressures, and weight capacity is correct for the year of bike and the vin number matches the number stamped in the frame I don't think anyone will think you're trying to deceive anyone else. Of course someone could grind the frame numbers and give me a false number to make a tag. They get busted, point a finger at me, I get questioned, they conclude I'm not out to rip anyone off.
No worries on my end.
But please don't get me involved in anything illegal.
Spring is here! Almost time to ride! WHOO HOO!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts