RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just picked up some ladybird banzai mounts (full cans, not GP) and a PCV. I’m located north of Seattle about 45 min...any leads on a reputable dyno tuner near me? TIA.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are looking for outright performance tell them to target no less than 12.8:1
Thanks-I recall seeing a thread in which you (I think) commented that tuning the RC is something that may be different than normal for some tuners (as far as what they’re used to).

My primary use is street with the goal of hitting a couple riding schools/track days this year. If I get the bug to continue track days (or race), my plan was to pick up a dedicated track bike (likely a used 600) and only use the RC as a play/street bike.

Would the target you mentioned still be what I want to ask for for that intended use?
Thanks in advance. Still a noob with these, haha.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I am of the opinion that if you are going to the effort and expense of getting it tuned then you should get the most out of it. If you don't want that level of performance then just try some existing maps, pick the one you like best and be happy with what you got.

·
Registered
92 Posts
EDR Performance in the Portland area is another option for dyno tuning, great shop and crew, I recommend them and have had them wrenching my bikes for decades.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am of the opinion that if you are going to the effort and expense of getting it tuned then you should get the most out of it. If you don't want that level of performance then just try some existing maps, pick the one you like best and be happy with what you got.
Agree 100%-I probably didn’t explain myself well. What I didn’t know was whether there were tunes/target AFR’s that work better for track/racing use than street due to differences in throttle position/average RPM, etc.

I absolutely agree with doing it right given the time and expense.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello. Since it is an early injector, it does not have a correction function, and even if you set it strictly, it will be set out depending on the temperature (as you know, it is so nervous that you need to set it just by changing the tailpiece).
Therefore, even after having the dynamo adjusted at the shop, it is good to run while checking the rotation speed with a digital tachometer and monitoring the throttle opening with equipment that can see the throttle opening.
This way, if you feel sick, you can modify and switch the Powercommander map for its opening and revs yourself.

You can simply pursue the A / F ratio, but in the case of RC51, the range of around 2500 rpm & throttle opening 2 to 5% is difficult, so if you set this to the ideal A / F ratio, when the accelerator is slightly closed I have symptoms of stalling (that is, the gas is thin).
At Honda, the A / F in this area is thickened to relieve the symptoms, so fuel efficiency is poor :'(
The map switching function of PCV is convenient, and in Japan, where there is a lot of traffic and fuel efficiency is always poor, there are many users who switch between a thin map and a normal thick map.
For your reference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nels Byersdorf (owner/tuner) and Nate Phipps at 2 Wheel DynoWorks are THE best tuners in the PNW, bar none. Definitely call them. They will ask the right questions and provide you the best and accurate tune. I would think they would advise a PC3 and then dyno tune it for you. Look them up. 2 Wheel DynoWorks

Oops. See you already have a PCV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts