RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Just recently became the owner of a 2001 RC51. Beautiful looking bike - but unfortunately won't be able to ride it for a few months thanks to the great Canadian winter! Should give me lots of time to polish her up!

The bike came with a Two Brothers exhaust system installed. I want to put the stock exhaust system back on it and wanted to know if I need to remap? I don't know if it was remapped for the Two Bros system initially - any advice.

Also, i searched for a quick "how-to" on replacing the exhaust - it doesn't look to hard but if there are any tutorials around - please forward a link.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I hope you don't live near Sarnia...that highway was closed shut!

If you have a power commander on the bike, you can check the program and possibly load the stock program. ( I would suggest you get a power commander if you don't see on one the bike. This will help smooth out acceleration.

If there is not a power commander, your good to go.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi there,

Just recently became the owner of a 2001 RC51. Beautiful looking bike - but unfortunately won't be able to ride it for a few months thanks to the great Canadian winter! Should give me lots of time to polish her up!
Where in Canada are you from? Myself, I'm from Calgary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope you don't live near Sarnia...that highway was
closed shut!

Luckily not too close to Sarnia - I'm just west of Toronto. Kidding aside, I really enjoy the winter - especially when there's lots of snow.

I actually traded my sled on the RC51 - and will miss it. Here's a picture...

Thanks for the tip on the power commander - i don't see one installed - so will assume I'm good to replace the stock pipes.

Thanks

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts