RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's supposed to be a rectangular placard on the right side of the upper frame on my SP2, which isn't there. Can anyone tell me what information it has on it? You can see it in the attached picture. Thanks.

-Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
i took mine off

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it was the VIN, etc. placard. It doesn't happen to have the engine number too, does it? I didn't even know there was an engine number but when I went to change the title over yesterday (from a Idaho title to a Washington title) the DOL pulled that card out of their arse.

The factory sticker on the left side of the frame has a "engine family ID number", I wonder if that's the same thing?

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Out of all the vehicles I've transferred titles over in WA, and some out of state, I've never had them ask for an engine number, there isn't even a place for it on the title? I've also had to have vehicles inspected by the state patrol and they have never looked at engine numbers.

Try taking the title to a different DMV, they are not all the same. Some are run by the state and some are private. Usually the private one's don't know their heads from their asses. They also charge you an extra fee and conveniently forget to mention it.

The good thing about them being idiots usually means you can sneak stuff pass them, like registering a dirtbike and getting a plate for it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Out of all the vehicles I've transferred titles over in WA, and some out of state, I've never had them ask for an engine number, there isn't even a place for it on the title? I've also had to have vehicles inspected by the state patrol and they have never looked at engine numbers.

Try taking the title to a different DMV, they are not all the same. Some are run by the state and some are private. Usually the private one's don't know their heads from their asses. They also charge you an extra fee and conveniently forget to mention it.

The good thing about them being idiots usually means you can sneak stuff pass them, like registering a dirtbike and getting a plate for it.
Yeah, this is the first I've heard of it too. I bought a bike for my wife last may that was from Colorado and I don't recall them asking about an engine number for that one. I'll go to a different DOL and give them the engine family number if they ask for it again.

What part of Washington are you in?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
If you have AAA Membership, you can go to your AAA branch and do all your registration stuff. And they're on your side. So not much nonsense.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you have AAA Membership, you can go to your AAA branch and do all your registration stuff. And they're on your side. So not much nonsense.
I had no idea you could do it through AAA. Good to know, thanks!

FYI, if anyone is interested, the engine number is on the rear engine case just behind the rear shock.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Yeah, this is the first I've heard of it too. I bought a bike for my wife last may that was from Colorado and I don't recall them asking about an engine number for that one. I'll go to a different DOL and give them the engine family number if they ask for it again.

What part of Washington are you in?
I used to live around Seattle in my younger days, spent about seven years stationed on Whidbey Island in the Navy. I'm currently stuck in Texas finishing up my BS in mechanical engineering (two weeks left!) and then waiting for my wife to finish her degree. *bangs head on desk* Then I am coming back for good.

Oh and I looked at my stickers that were on the bike, and the ones I pulled off and couldn't find anything related to the engine numbers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used to live around Seattle in my younger days, spent about seven years stationed on Whidbey Island in the Navy. I'm currently stuck in Texas finishing up my BS in mechanical engineering (two weeks left!) and then waiting for my wife to finish her degree. *bangs head on desk* Then I am coming back for good.

Oh and I looked at my stickers that were on the bike, and the ones I pulled off and couldn't find anything related to the engine numbers.
Congratulations on your degree! That's quite an accomplishment. I'll bet it will be a relief to not have to spend all your time studying. Look me up when you come back and we'll go tear up Hwy 20 together. :D

-Todd

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Congratulations on your degree! That's quite an accomplishment. I'll bet it will be a relief to not have to spend all your time studying. Look me up when you come back and we'll go tear up Hwy 20 together. :D

-Todd
Definitely. I miss hwy 20! The roads down here suck, but I was able to get out to the track, which has been a blast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts