RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately John Walker passed Sunday riding his RC on Butts Canyon Road. After non-opting my RC for several years I got to meet John after some friends of his organized a fun NorCal ride a couple years back. Seemed like a mellow laid back kind of guy and a good rider to be in a group with. Condolences to his family and friends.馃尯

Premium Member
F*CK. Man that sucks, John was a cool guy!

Godspeed John!

Premium Member
I just heard this from another friend on FB. I'm still reeling under the shock. We've all lost friends and fellow riders before, but you never expect something like this in our group. My deepest and most sincere condolences and prayers to his family that are left to go forward. Love you Bro, go with God my friend.

Registered
Unfortunately John Walker passed Sunday riding his RC on Butts Canyon Road. After non-opting my RC for several years I got to meet John after some friends of his organized a fun NorCal ride a couple years back. Seemed like a mellow laid back kind of guy and a good rider to be in a group with. Condolences to his family and friends.馃尯
John Walker was my Roommate, best friend, my 2nd dad to me while I was in California. I lived with him for little over 2 years and bonded over our love for motorcycles, we watched MotoGp together, ate together, rode together, worked together, he was an amazing man with incredible knowledge and humble roots. I respected him, his circle was small but loved the RC-51 community & I was honored he allowed me to stay with him and trusted me into his life. His passing struck me down when I learned about it & still waiting to hear it鈥檚 all a joke. Still unsure if the weeks to come but hoping things will settle mentally for me and I can carry on in his honor for I know I would want the same if he was in my shoes. 鉂

Premium Member
Really sorry to hear about John. I had many online conversations with him here on the Forum. He will truly be missed,

Premium Member
So sorry to hear this news . John and I talked to each other about our 2000 SP1s here on the forum RIP John .

Premium Member
Wow....
I can't believe this.......so incredibly sad. He was an awesome man and a huge part if this forum and community.

Registered
I knew John for a short time but I quickly could tell this was a genuine guy. He and I shared a common bond in our love of the RC51 and the motorcycle community. We were texting just a week ago about getting together for a ride and I still can't believe he is gone. I wished we could of gotten that ride in and I will miss ya. My thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP John.

Registered
RIP John, you will be missed. :(

Registered
John Walker was my Roommate, best friend, my 2nd dad to me while I was in California. I lived with him for little over 2 years and bonded over our love for motorcycles, we watched MotoGp together, ate together, rode together, worked together, he was an amazing man with incredible knowledge and humble roots. I respected him, his circle was small but loved the RC-51 community & I was honored he allowed me to stay with him and trusted me into his life. His passing struck me down when I learned about it & still waiting to hear it鈥檚 all a joke. Still unsure if the weeks to come but hoping things will settle mentally for me and I can carry on in his honor for I know I would want the same if he was in my shoes. 鉂
Sorry for your loss..

Registered
So sad to hear about the loss of a fellow rider!

He was always a good chat on this forum, I always enjoyed his posts!

Registered
Damn. I've been lurking for awhile and just recently signed up. Was hoping I might get to ride with him and the fellow NorCal guys as I'm out in the East Bay. Really sad to hear but I hope his soul's in a better place. My prayers go out to him and those close to him. Godspeed.

Registered
Damn. I've been lurking for awhile and just recently signed up. Was hoping I might get to ride with him and the fellow NorCal guys as I'm out in the East Bay. Really sad to hear but I hope his soul's in a better place. My prayers go out to him and those close to him. Godspeed.
Thank you for your thoughts. Please contact me so we can invite you to any memorial service and we are already talking about a ridein his honor

Premium Member
If anybody has contact info for services or anything, I'd really like to send something to his family, please PM me if you do. I played my guitar last night and the tears just flowed. So much for the meet and greet that never was.

Premium Member
John...you went out your way....riding a Cali curve for the shear love of riding. In 2013, I drove from Indiana to California to ride with this man I call a friend. John was an ecellent rider and that RC was like a part of his body.

He took me in, a perfect stranger other than the forum chats and phone calls we had, which were many...I stayed at his place before the ride.

Our ride together was from Red Bluff to Fortuna. It was an amazing ride from the start. 160 plus miles of some of the greatest curves and elevation changes....somewhat above the speed limit most of the way.

Yes, we did get pulled over by ChP eventually but the officer let us go because of my Indiana plate....The officer was impressed I made the effort to come to Cali just to ride. (JD9 crossed a double yellow to get aroung this big ass RV as the ChP passed in the on coming lane...oops)

We had a nice dinner that evening at a local restaurant and the motorcyle stories continued.

The ride back was just as great...only I had my mountain riding legs under me and this time I left him in the dust ;)

John was a man that loved life and loved riding and you could see the kid in his eyes each time we'd saddle up.

I am proud to have gotten a chance to meet, know and ride with him.

I look forward to riding with him again in the future....RIP my friend...you are already missed.

MAD

Premium Member
Well said my friend. I'm really f'd up over this. I wish we could have met up when I went through Indy in '17, the only regrets we have in this life are the things we didn't do. Treasure each and every day with the friends you make, either here or elsewhere. Grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once.
Sent you a text btw. If your # hasn't changed that is.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts