RC51 Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well said my friend. I'm really f'd up over this. I wish we could have met up when I went through Indy in '17, the only regrets we have in this life are the things we didn't do. Treasure each and every day with the friends you make, either here or elsewhere. Grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once.
Sent you a text btw. If your # hasn't changed that is.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for posting a picture!

I made him a kickstand extension, and was hoping to meet, and ride with him someday. Like Budoka said, it's the things we don't do the we regret.

So sad - Rest In Peace John!

·
Premium Member
6,493 Posts
Sad to hear of John's passing. Never met him, but we had some good conversations here.
He was a frequently poster on the forum. Actually, he was the TOP poster on the forum.

It's sad when an old time member passes on.
The first being Luis Pernia (ala YumYumChef) back in 2012.
Many here pitched in to fix Luis' bike from the accident, only to have him die two weeks later from complications.

JDog was practically a fixture here and will leave a void without his presence.
RIP John. We'll miss you.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
Heard this sad news today; haven't been on here in a while, but hearing of Jon's passing, came to find this thread, and since read this. John Walker Fatally Struck on Butts Canyon Road [Middletown, CA]

So sorry to hear of his untimely end of this life - doing what he loved. Jon was a lovely guy; one of the friends I made here, back when the forum was much more active. We had some great conversations on and offline and not least, clearly shared a love for our RC51's.

We're all here only for the briefest flicker of a flame during eternity. When our spirits join in community during this life, together our flames combined, burn brighter. The quality of our lives, is given by the quality of the relationships we share.

Having experienced being shown by another dear friend, just after he passed - that there IS life after death, I don't feel a loss of Jon forever. His spirit cannot die. Only his body.
I celebrate Jon's life, freedom of spirit & humility and know his soul lives on.

Someday we'll meet in the next life, after this one. The next time I ride my SP, I'll make a point of remembering you, Jon.

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
I still cannot believe it....damn it.....condolences to his loved ones if they read here.........(c'mon John, send me one of those brilliant emails of yours brother and tell me that it's all a prank...I won't get mad, I promise)

·
Registered
37 Posts
John was never without a kind word.

Rest in peace my friend.

Reactions: Muhammad Atif

·
Registered
2002 VTR1000SP2
41 Posts
Am sorry for your loss guys. I've not been a member here for long enough to have interacted with him personally, but have seen first hand how much of a contributor he was to this site.

·
Super Moderator
406 Posts
RIP John, so sad to hear of his passing. He was an honest fellow & respected contributing member of our RC51 community. Knowing he was a very experienced rider & so passionate about his bike I'm curious what exactly sealed his fate. Possibly a bike failure? Rider error? Traffic related? Glad to hear about the memories you guys shared with him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I attended John's celebration of life yesterday and met his family and friends. We often live in a bubble with this motorcycle passion we have and not all family and friends see that world or part of us. I took the opportunity to show his family this thread and shared your kind words and thoughts that were posted here. It really meant a lot to them to read this thread, it was emotional. Madbuyer your share was awesome! Anyway I just wanted to let all of you know how much his family appreciated your thoughts for him.
RIP John

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Never met John, but I do miss him. Living in norcal, knowing the area and road where he crashed, makes me wish I had met up with him and other north bay RC owners for a ride, when we discussed it on this forum.

Haven't been here for a few months, first thing I saw was jondog9. Sad.

When I bought my RC four years ago he was one of the helpful and friendly folks on this site that got me up to speed. Just got new tires, ready for a non-covid riding season, and came back here to see if the RC gang had planned a ride. Damn.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
JDog was practically a fixture here and will leave a void without his presence.
This is exactly true. The void will be felt by all of us because he was always helpful (and humorous) to anyone looking for RC advice on this forum. Every time I came across one of his posts, I knew it would be several pleasant and informative sentences.

·
Registered
2002 Honda RC-51 in SP2 colors & 2016 Nissan Nismo Patrol.
536 Posts
IMG-20210308-WA0000.jpeg
Unfortunately John Walker passed Sunday riding his RC on Butts Canyon Road. After non-opting my RC for several years I got to meet John after some friends of his organized a fun NorCal ride a couple years back. Seemed like a mellow laid back kind of guy and a good rider to be in a group with. Condolences to his family and friends.🌺
I just saw this because I'm not on the site as regularly as I once was. John and I had interactions beyond this Forum and he was a Gentleman. I am truly shocked at this extremely sad news & at a loss for words. IMG-20210308-WA0000.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ac
Found this clip of John, Mike and I out on the RC's together ❤ not much video of John, typically because he was always leading! But that is a shot of John pulling into gas station and of him moving his bike from the front, sadly that's all I got of him on that ride.
RIP John

Actually that is John leading

21 - 39 of 39 Posts