RC51 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there currently any ecu systems for the RC51 which allow live data logging of fuel and ignition curves on the road, and therefore allow a live road map?

I would much prefer to have my bike road mapped than dyno mapped. You simply cannot simulate road conditions on a dyno with the likes of inclines/declines, correct cooling at speed, ram air effect, tyre traction etc etc,

The dyno is an excellent tool, but mapping and figures produced on a dyno are only really relevant on the dyno, and doesn't necessarily mean the bike is performing as per the dyno readouts, on the road.

To give an example, I used to be quite heavily into modifying Impreza's. My own made a dyno proven 389Bhp but was road mapped. One of the Impreza clubs I belonged to had a day out to Santa Pod 1/4 mile, which I went to, and consequently beat a few similar cars down the strip, which going by dyno figures should have beaten me, as many were running in excess of 400Bhp. The only real difference? mine as road mapped, theirs were dyno mapped.

Maybe there isnt much to be gained on the bike, maybe its too expensive, or maybe its just me being picky? but surely a road map is the way ahead for maximum gains?

Discuss! :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could try starting here:
http://www.aim-tec.co.uk/pages/bike/section_bike.htm.html

Depending on the number of channels, sensors, etc.
The price could be anywhere from a couple of hundred for a basic unit, to several thousand for a unit suitable for WSBK or MotoGP.

I myself would love a basic unit with linear sensors for the front and rear wheels to log suspension performance.
Thats great :)

Thanks SubSailor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts