RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I noticed by daily driver RC had quite a few kinks in the chain, and I did some research here and decided DID 530 was best. I did everything I normally do, except when I loosed and pushed the rear tire to the front as far as I could, I didn't notice it hitting the swing arm, cut the old chain, linked it to new chain, rolled it around to where it met properly, cut, and got about .050 too short for the master link to match holes. Tried as I might, This was when I realized the tire was hitting the forward part of the swingarm and decided to stop. Clearly, I don't want to buy another chain. So my question is how bad is it to have 2 master links? I'm not an aggressive rider, I don't aim to put it on a track in my lifetime, I generally just cruise. Any advice would be helpful, along with do I put them basically side by side or both in the middle.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Make sure they are equidistant apart from each other too...don't put them on back to back another words.

Like CaliMex said, use the rivet type and keep her lubed up....and then work on the chain too.:D

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I assume you are just going to add on a couple links with two masters, that should be just fine. (oMo)(o o)(o o)(oMo) NOT (oMo)(oMo)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts