RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heck, everyone else has one of these so might as well have my own lol...

So I started out with this piece of junk,
leaking forks,
bald flat tires,
shortened cans that I thought were two bros but now think they're Jardines,
broken brake lever and pedal,
rattle can paint job,
scratched, cracked chipped fairings,
set of intermittent HID's
and some faux alligator seat covers...

Then less than a month I get run over by a truck lol bending forks and rotors destroying the upper fairing and snorkel... Of course that had to happen after I had the fork seals replaced.. Sheesh! :(

Then back to this compliments to those of the forum with some great advice and parts :)

Some light changes to this,

and now this (CLICK IMAGE BELOW FOR BIKE VIDEO)

She's only part way broken down, I need to go further to remove the swing arm and have it cleaned up and resprayed... as well as removing those forks to get to the frame.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok so my latest endeavors led me over to the guys doing a complete respray on all my fairings for about $600 which I thought was nice of them including repairing. While I was there I got the details of a local powder coater who they labeled as "pretty damn good' so off I pop.

Sure enough i get there to see a good ol Florida boy giving me shit for being English and generally having a laugh at his hired hand he had working for him. Long story short he basically said he would do the wheels and swing arm for less than $100 if I don't mind the wait and he can put it in with another load... Do I mind heck no so I've decided while he's at it he can do the frame...

They sent me to a sand blaster down Melbourne FL island and the quote from him was $120 for the lot...

So Frame off time, I know some of you are breathing a sigh of relief but If anyone wants 6 cans of engine enamel spray paint the I'm your man! lol

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Nothing like a bike build/re-build/documentary of someone's bike...glad you started the thread. Keep up the good work!!!

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
While you got her a part, you may want to grab a coil comb and straighten out the radiator fins a bit. They are starting to look knackered a bit.:cool:

What is the frame color you are looking at? A lovely hue of gold would be a nice change.;)

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
A build thread to follow. Great! :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While you got her a part, you may want to grab a coil comb and straighten out the radiator fins a bit. They are starting to look knackered a bit.:cool:

What is the frame color you are looking at? A lovely hue of gold would be a nice change.;)
Lol if there's one thing I loath on any of my bikes it's gold or chrome... I was thinking as gloss black I maybe convinced to add some copper flakes in there but not sure... My imagination isn't that impressive I'm afraid so am hoping something inspirational will come to me...

Not heard of this comb thing, I was looking at the rads this morning and one of the cooling tubes the fins are connected to is bent pretty bad, I would like to straighten it but worried I might break it... As for the fins themselves, I'm all for straightening those!

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Rossco, being in Florida, why not do something that nobody else has and make your bike a Euro decal design? All you'd need to have done is paint the top black metalluc and the bottom a bright Silver.
I could measure to tell you exactly where the diagonal line of Silver should intersect.
Then simply buy the decal set for a Euro 2005-2006 model, fit and voila - you'd have a bike not dissimilar to that which Carlos & I made for him. In the US there won't be many of those... they come with black frame & swing arm too. :)

BTW, looks like I'll be working late tonight - got customers waiting for details of their purchases, but will send that tool to you as soon as I get a chance to use it!

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Cheers gents, I'll look at the comb thing as its something I've been meaning to do, and I looked at the Eurostyle RC it looks good but I'm gonna pass, thanks for taking the time to throw it up here.

Ok the word 'good' is an understatement for the work you and Carlos did on that bike! Thats an impressive build I had to laugh at the dimple you put in the seat and him saying you need to buy him a new one haha, The bucket was hilarious.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Love your work rossco, Even had the girly out helping with the strip down... good girl. The alligator seats look classic. I will be watching this thread evolve. Cheers.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah she's a trooper lol I cropped the video so you don't see that she's actually sat there for a good 30 minutes watching me work.

I think the alligator seats would look great down under, make you a good deal ;) haha Funny how every time I take something off I'm like... hmm that would look better if... I bought my wallet out and spent more money, then I decide noooo...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im in california and I am actually considering this black euro paint scheme. Ive got red wheels that would make that setup pop. I am about to repair two poss three tail sectio s all of which have minor cracks and rei force the week areas with fiberglass to prevent future cracks. Depending on which route I go with them they may be for sale so watch for them. One will be this black silver one will be red with may e white or silver #plate third will be stock '00 color.
Good luck on deciding. Its hard

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I'm still trying to solve the colour issue I think I know why I want but probably no decals. Sounds like you've got 3 great projects in hand.

Both the fenders were bought from member on here Duckhunter for the front and RCDevil for the rear. Front is a BestemUSA and the rear is a TYGA non of which I think they make anymore but Duckhunter is making them if you want one. I jut had all the carb fiber re cleared.

Unfortunately the forked compressed too much and the brake cable support hit my front fender on top 😔 so now I need to setup the forks better.

Last one is the exhaust but I can either cut them down to remove it, about an inch or use a sticker. I'm thinking a sticker should do.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App sucks balls!!! Omfg it won't stop opening the f'in App Store!

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I think the only reason it stopped there was because it hit the CF fender!!... I don't know what my numbers are suppose to be so I'll have to look into it.

On the plus side this arrived today! Big thanks to The Stig!!!

And then I put these back together!... What a pita that was lol but I think they came out real nice �� no rattling any more either thanks to some RTV silicone

This is what they use to look like, I'm sure RC51KIDD recognises these ��

1 - 20 of 95 Posts