RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Wow, that's news but we can only guess what the underlying reasons are & there could be so many others - including Jeremy's personal life needs, etc. These people give up their lives to work on the Moto GP scene, so eventually it can become too much for some, I'm only guessing....

Interesting to hear who will be the replacement and if it'll make any difference. Despite being a Rossi fan - I for one don't think so... The competition is simply younger, hungrier and better now...

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I'd lean towrds more of it being Jer's decision (but what do I know really) being as he's been around for so long. Gretzky, Jabar and Moon retired too so. The bell tolls and sooner or later you have to answer.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Didn't greatly surprise me.
Burgess was wanting to retire before Rossi went to Ducati.
Rossi persuaded Burgess to stay on since they worked well together.

After the two year Ducati ordeal, Rossi is at a cross-road where his is trying to determine if it's time to retire, or if a different approach is needed.
Next year will be the deciding time frame.

If Rossi doesn't move himself into championship points finishes (consistent 3rd or better, not 4th), then he may determine that he was the main problem, and may need to retire from MotoGP.
Sometimes you have to remove the variables to arrive at the problem.
It's done often in other sports.

However, I feel even worse for Nicky Hayden, since he was with Ducati the longest and he wasted a lot of good years chasing the impossible.
I'm hoping his move to the RCV1000R will allow him to put the bad years behind and start enjoying racing.

Nothing puts a downer on one's enthusiasm like fighting hopeless causes.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Didn't greatly surprise me.
Burgess was wanting to retire before Rossi went to Ducati.
Rossi persuaded Burgess to stay on since they worked well together.

After the two year Ducati ordeal, Rossi is at a cross-road where his is trying to determine if it's time to retire, or if a different approach is needed.
Next year will be the deciding time frame.

If Rossi doesn't move himself into championship points finishes (consistent 3rd or better, not 4th), then he may determine that he was the main problem, and may need to retire from MotoGP.
Sometimes you have to remove the variables to arrive at the problem.
It's done often in other sports.

However, I feel even worse for Nicky Hayden, since he was with Ducati the longest and he wasted a lot of good years chasing the impossible.
I'm hoping his move to the RCV1000R will allow him to put the bad years behind and start enjoying racing.

Nothing puts a downer on one's enthusiasm like fighting hopeless causes.
Agreed fully!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would have expected them to say that he was retiring, instead of making look as if he has lost his touch, regardless of the truth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts