RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Crashed my RC51 last week, damn shame 7000 miles on the clock.
It will not be returning to the road again as the insurance says it to expensive to repair. Dent in the frame!!
Loved the bike great to ride and the sound.....sad times not sure what to do as low milage bikes are now becoming hard to find, did see a SP2 with 1000 miles for £7000???

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
So sorry to hear that :( Did you come out ok? any injuries?
What you gonna do with the bike, buy back the salvage from the insurance (assuming you had full coverage)
Let us know.

YIKES! £7000 = $11,547.90
Definantly more value to the RC's where you live.
Good luck to you Bartman, with whatever you choose to do. I remember you from when I was doing my sp1/sp2 exhaust.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys for the support, as for a frame swap its not for me, parts not very cheap this side of the pond need a rear wheel, swing arm, all the plastics, lights, clocks, clip on, foot peg, fairing support and little brackets.
Johndog the worst bit was the crash trashed my lovely carbon titanium high level exhaust.
Its strange, I landed on my right shoulder rolled a turn up in the air and rolled then as I was sliding down the road all i could hear was that awful scratching noise of the bike on tarmac first though after "that hurt" was "shit my bike".
As for injurys right shoulder and left ankle badly bruised, all the gear worked.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
You have my deepest sympathies Bartman, but at least you're ok. I remember when the rumours had it that there was going to be an updated Blackbird coming...we got the VFR1200:confused: Rumours coming out of Kumamoto are about as rare as twisters in Tornado Alley. The new 'blade is pretty nice though:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts