RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so being typical ocd me, i was cleaning the bike yesterday and found a exhaust leak on the backside of my right can where the carbon fiber wrap is. there is exhaust coming out from under the wrap, it seems to come from the rivot area. any suggestions on how to fix this? i REALLY dont want to have to drill out the SS rivots..... or is this something i shouldnt worry about? it isnt enough to where if i wasnt ocd i would have found it. I do not have the paperwork for this exhaust since it was on the bike when i got it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so it seems my choices are drill it out and reseal the can.... or using a small amout of high temp rtv ..... i think im going to try the latter and see how well it does till riding season is over.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have them.

My cans are sato high mount like yours and several of my rivits are loose and leaking. They also buzz quite a bit. I have replaced quite a few on my own but I am still not happy. I hear there are shops that can rebuild, repack, shorten, or what ever one needs done. I am searching for such a shop. Good luck with yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts