RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some sorpion stainless slipons secondhand for a good price, looking at putting them on and the standard exhaust gasket is not going to fit - will I need to use abit of high temp silicon to seal it?

·
Registered
422 Posts
mine using oem gasket....i just changed yesterday..my mechanic do it for me

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks max I'll take another look though my used OEM gaskets diameter is larger than that of the connecting pipe.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had another look and there was no way the gaskets were going to fit in the scorpion mid pipes I have (local honda dealer wants $20 per gasket) used some high temp silicon and put it all together, I'll find out if it works tomorrow.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Im bad...sorry for wrong info...i jz call up mec...& he told me that the mid pipe he used high temp silicon...only head gasket changed....

How much did u get for the pipe...Speedzilla mrgm making customised(better than Jardine 2-1 full system SS)..sellin USD$780

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the slipons for $300AUD delivered, there in good condition and that was about all the budget allowed for.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That a gd price...mine i bought it from ebay..brand new..$298...totalpain in Sing dollars ard $500..

I just email to Brett regarding SP1 Rad Scoop...need to get those for track...VTR SP1 nd those to lower down the temp...so that it will performed better..

Im buying simple parts 1st....last i will do up the engine...

·
Registered
422 Posts
no intention to hijack this thread guys, but what is an SP1 rad scoop Max ?
It will lower down the radiator temp...best for street & track used...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went for a quick ride today and the pipes sound great, the bike feels alot smoother. There is a small leak still at the righthand side connecting pipe but I cant hear it so thats how its going to stay.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That tru wen using non rectriction pipe...so waht next on the bike dude....

Hey, in Australia do have a wreakage shop rite...is there any good used petrol tank for the VTR SP1?...im looking for 1 as mine is too rusty until i have to do internal coating

·
Registered
422 Posts
U should get the airbox & Cf snorkel from Brett from Australian...Then your bike will start to be way better...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't bother looking for a cheap tank in Australia max, you'd be more likely to find one in the US.

Next up is a set of front brake lines, airbox and snorkel are along long way away - probably never.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ok...Get the brake 1st....if u need OEM part...i gadly to help u...mostly i bought mine at my local dealer here....I know Parts even Arai or Shoei Helmet way expensive...here i can source u out....just tell me what u want...peace

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll change to some braided front lines, myn are OEM. Also max what PC map are you using with your scorpions?

·
Registered
422 Posts
mine im using Yoshi mapping as not goin to dyno yet...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any reason your not using M105-714.djm

2000-2001 Honda VTR 1000 SP1 (RC51) European model
Scorpion open slip ons
Stock or aftermarket air filter

·
Registered
422 Posts
nope...im using yoshi map..as advised by jgos929..so far better then Sato mapping...Sato mapping for Sato pipe only..

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think it got to do with the graph......i dont want too rich...& too lean...
Well u can try the Scorpion map ?...Maybe it works for u..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts