RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the times they are a changin. While it isn't exactly fall yet, there's a bite in the air around here in the mornings. Hopped on the SP to ride into work this morning (6:45 am) and the air felt fresh and clean while suiting up in the driveway. Light mist hanging about after last nights rain showers, but temp was ok...8*c (46*f) but definitely warmer jacket time. By the time I got out to the highway, there was a full ground layer of fog, holding forward vis down to about 1/2 mile or slightly less, not the best since it`s forest rat season around here. But I figured hey, good time to test out the real skinny on my new pin-lock visor. My Arai Vector (which I never really liked in the 4 years I wore it, not enough chin bar clearance and really fogged easily, noisier than I like) bit the big one in June so I opted for a more economical HJC CL-16 céw pin-lock. So far I love this lid, it is quiet even at stupid speeds, has great clearance all the way around for my nose (chin bar) and glasses. The pin-lock just plain works. Even in the cool temps and high humidity there was barely a hint of vapor on the inside of the visor...nice! Now I can`t say the same for the condensation on the outer surface of the shield, but an occasional wipe with the leather palm clears that up nicely. So all in all a decent ride in; chilly yes, but not cold, fresh but invigorating. Not too many more morning commutes left for this year though:(

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Bite your Canadian tongue....:D Don't impose your two week long summers on me:eek:;)

This is usually when I ride a bunch. its much cooler.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Sorry to say but I feel your pain budoka, being on the left coast gives us a bit more of a riding season but only by a couple three months.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
That's ok ,I will think of u :p it's just getting nice to ride :D:D not to hot or cold !! Just right !!! :):) cheers Buddha

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Another left-coaster here. We never even really had a winter last year, I rode year around, and kept putting off projects. Finally we had such HOT weather this summer (only for a couple weeks) that's when I finally got some maintenance done.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Another left-coaster here. We never even really had a winter last year, I rode year around, and kept putting off projects. Finally we had such HOT weather this summer (only for a couple weeks) that's when I finally got some maintenance done.
Same here in Florida. No past winter.
It was 85 deg F in February, and the AC's been running since then.
Currently waiting until until around November when the weather gets nice to start working on the bike.
My shop is not under air (yet), so it gets too damn hot during the summer, that and the damn mosquitoes.
Will be routing duct work so my shop area will be cooled and heated, which will go a long way towards bike projects.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Same here in Florida. No past winter.
It was 85 deg F in February, and the AC's been running since then.
Currently waiting until until around November when the weather gets nice to start working on the bike.
My shop is not under air (yet), so it gets too damn hot during the summer, that and the damn mosquitoes.
Will be routing duct work so my shop area will be cooled and heated, which will go a long way towards bike projects.
Temp controlled garages are a must in FL.....wow, schwetty ballzz:eek::D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts