RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want / wife wont let me spend the cash for a Corbin or Sargent seat. I looked for used ones but they're still pricey. Awhile ago I found a site where you mailed your seat and he put new padding and would customize it based on riders weight and normal riding position. If I recall it was only $50 or $75.Anyone know what I'm talking about or can suggest other options

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Any decent upholstery shop would do this too. I had a seat redone on my F4 years ago. Marine grade vinyl from a reputable fabric shop will do as well. This is a project I am going to take in the off season. Good luck to both of you...:D

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Chances are you're going to replace the foam if you take it to an upholstery shop anyway, (which is a great option), so when I still had my Warrior, I took the staples out, removed the vinyl, and sat on the foam. Then, knowing where the 'hot spots' were, I used a sharpie to draw circles, like a target. I used a floor-scraper razor blade that is about 6-8 inches long, bowed it a little and started slicing/scooping the foam.
Just a little at a time, then sit on it again, keep checking the feel. It will work just fine, it's cheap, (razor and 1/4" staples). Don't worry that it isn't perfectly flat, once it's covered back up with your vinyl, you wont be able to see that at all, and you'll be able to get a lot more time in the saddle before your @ss goes numb.
BTW, I get those long razor blades (thin and very flexible) at a carpet installers supply. They are very useful to have in the toolbox.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I d like to spend no more than $100. I may try to save it down myself. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the site I was referring to. its www.greatdaytoride.com Anyone had any experience with them? Also , doeas anyone have suggestions on a seat cover? I was looking at HT Moto and Luimoto covers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts