RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my rc51 (about 4 days ago) and its a blast but the seat is cumbersome after about 1-2 hours of no breaks and have heard that getting the OEM seat filled with something like gel and re-stitched is cheaper, and basically as good as the only two decent aftermarket options being Corbin and Sergeant. I wanna know where in the US there is a reputable person who does this that I could send my seat into is since I can't seem to pinpoint a form of contact on on "greatdaytoride.com" so I figure this is just something from long ago. Not sure if it'd really be worth it as I want to ride the bike and not wait probably 1-4+ weeks for my seat to come back, and if I buy another OEM seat its around 80-100 dollars anyways, so I am thinking about just going with a Corbin seat as I am on the heavier side.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Along with this if anyone is selling a used Corbin seat for a decent price I might be willing to pick it up if I decide to go in that direction, will probably make a looking to buy post after I make up my mind.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to try a Corbin or Sargent someday but the prices are ridiculous. I went with the cheap option and wear padded bike shorts under my riding pants.
Yea that's why I'm pretty on the fence about it, if it was only 100-150 I'd already have ordered one but I seem to be fine with the stock seat as I wear 2-3 layers cuz of the weather so I'll have to see how it is when it's warmer and I'm wearing less

· Registered
11 Posts
Just a bit of information: when I purchased my Sargent seat a few years ago it came as a complete unit; I did not have to send the seat pan to them. I can recommend the seat, I can ride the RC51 all day now, where the stock seat was a pain in about 3 hours. Yes, I am a bit heavier and older than most RC51 riders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts