RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to buy the passenger seat for my bike and want to know what else i need to use it and not damage the bike... What im buying is just the seat itself nothing else. I was under the impression i needed some rubber thing or something to use with it to not damage the tail cowl

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The stock cowl panel attaches to the "seat cowl box" which attaches to the subframe and latch assembly.
The rear passenger seat doesn't seem to need the seat cowl box.
So it must have it's own attachment points for the subframe and latch.
I don't carry passengers so I've never used the passenger seat myself.
Others that do may chime in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Assuming the latch mechanism is all there and operating all you will need is the seat assembly and rubber gasket.
Part numbers.................
Rear Seat
SKU: 77300-MCF-D30
SEAT ASSY., PILLION

Rubber gasket
SKU: 77212-MCF-D30
RUBBER, SEAT COWL

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Assuming the latch mechanism is all there and operating all you will need is the seat assembly and rubber gasket.
Part numbers.................
Rear Seat
SKU: 77300-MCF-D30
SEAT ASSY., PILLION

Rubber gasket
SKU: 77212-MCF-D30
RUBBER, SEAT COWL
BTW, if you're not using the passenger seat, but only have the rear panel installed, the foam seal used for that: SEAL 77223-MCF-300 is a waste of money.
I ordered it along with a new panel and it's the lamest piece of cheap foam ever. Will not last at all.
Instead, buy a 1/4" wide roll of 3M insulating foam used to seal air leaks for doors.
That works great.

·
Registered
84 Posts
did you try buying a seat through here? as long as the seat has the latch and the "hooks" on it it will click right in and you need nothing else good luck!

since im putting high mounts on next month im debating if i should hold on to my seat or not

·
Registered
232 Posts
did you try buying a seat through here? as long as the seat has the latch and the "hooks" on it it will click right in and you need nothing else good luck!

since im putting high mounts on next month im debating if i should hold on to my seat or not
you can buy extenders that allow you to retain the rear pegs with a high mount so you can still take a passanger although Id bet their experience wouldnt be comfy avoiding the pipes..

·
Registered
82 Posts
You are fine with just the seat, the foam gasket will disinigrate after a few months so not worth getting. I have used my rear seat with no problems on mine, just not comfy to sit on for any length of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts