RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has sold a bike on Ebay? Good experience or pain in the butt? I've been trying to sell my 04 RC in So. Cal. recently, but no luck, just low-ballers. So, I'd like to reach out farther, but have never sold anything on Ebay before. Let me know, thanks

·
Registered
447 Posts
Based on the bidding, and what has already sold, there is about a $4,000 ceiling on what people are willing to pay on E-Bay. YMMV

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I buy quite a bit on E-bay, but have never sold anything so don't really know. I've seen the down side of deals that friends have been duped on though (on bikes).

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I was a victim of a bike purchase on ebay. Bought a zx7r that had many pictures etc. It showed up in boxs. I knew the motor was bad but i didnt know the entire bike was disassembled. It didnt have one good piece. Made my money back parting it out but it was a pain in the ass. Sellar disappeared before the bike arrived. Live and learn

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sold my 2004 Speed Triple on Ebay. Went smooth as silk. Until I realized it wasn't free. Should have read the small print. It was my first time using it so it was my own fault really.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I bought my first RC51 off of Ebay. When selling I would keep the distance you're advertising to a distance someone is willing to drive or your willing to deliver to. When you have to ship a bike is when the process becomes a big pain in the ass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts