RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at an event on Thursday with well over 100 bikes.
Bikes were all over the spectrum from cruiser, standard, cafe racer, sportbike, to dual sport.

The was an obstacle course, inspection zone, food and fun. Great times!
Oh, and to the point of this thread, a bike contest too...

I didn't wash mine the morning of, nor the day before..
Hell come to think of it, not that week.
Most of you on here know, I'm pretty meticulous though when it comes to cleaning the bike.

Guys were pulling up and breaking out the polish, scrubbing and wiping for 30-40 minutes.
I wasn't going to enter the contest.

I know the bikes flaws, all the scratches and little dings.
So anyway, I pulled up, looked at the other guys and bikes...
I got out my microfiber cloth I use to clean my face shield, and did maybe a ten second wipe down.
I thought to myself, as a looked at the competition, there's no way.
Said screw it, threw my cloth back in the rear cowl, and walked off.

Guess who still won "Best Sport Bike"???

That old girl made me proud!

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.
JD9, I appreciate that.

I got a wooden picture frame that says Best Sport Bike
They took a picture there for me to use, but I'll put a better image in it so I don't have to stare at myself everyday, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Adam's guide to 'no sweat' beating the opposition: Just say 'screw it!' :D :p :)

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Awwww, c'mon, it's all because of the undertail!
Bwahahahahaha!:D

No joke, congrats and nicely done!. These things are still like bees to pollen depending. Lots of affection in knowledgeable bike peeps for the RC51 in any guise. when I rode into that test ride last year, I wasn't even off the bike with my lid off and I was surrounded. I don't go looking for attention, but sometimes it's just feckin cool.

·
Registered
70 Posts
In response to gsxrippa

Yesterday I was in a pretty empty parking lot. As usual some guy pulls right next to me even though there was 40 plus empty spaces:confused: Any how he was a very Harley esque looking fellow. Tats and stickers on the truck. I was walking towards the RC as he was parking. He was looking at it as he got out, typical rice burner look on his face. Any how I got to it and fired it up. I wish I could have taken a picture of his face:p Pure bewilderment! My old lady met me at the store , any how she told me later that guy just stared at the RC the whole time I was leaving. He could not put it together, the look, the sound it was too much.:D My point after rambling here is that it is a unique machine.
Different, in a good way!

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NICE!!!!
I'm sure with my headlights, I get even more of a 'crotchrocket' look.
I hate that term, by the way.

I love it when I ask guys what they want, and they reply, "I want a crotchrocket."

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
There's nothing quite like an RC51 out there, that's for sure. It's often intriguing to see how people who come to own these have hankered after one for a while.... chances are they saw & heard them in the past. I know that's why I always wanted one since they came out. Without a doubt - a modern classic. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts