RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow the sun *should* come out. So for now a few pics made under the canopy of a "party tent"
Wash, clay, polish, Collinite 476s

Don't hold Back
-The Chemical Brothers

Some work left on removing the decal on the muffler

And yes, them bolts need some elbow grease still

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Facing down that little red Ducati.....

No sun today, still a nice SP......

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Get some stainless (or titanium if you prefer :grin2:) Probolts with aluminium screw-on collars to replace original fasteners. You can also get replacement caliper pinch bolts from them, engine cover kits, etc. Don't be tempted by alloy bolts, the heads strip off & scratch easily - if you go for those.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ti it will be, found a source here in NL.
Scouring the microfiches to find the diametres, lengths and pitches for the front forks/calipers.

After 176 days, back in the saddle again!
Wrist still a bit weak, but that will improve.

And sure, that indicator needs a nut too :)

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Use molybdenum disulfide grease to coat the threads of titanium bolts & fasteners, unless using thread locking compound. Stops corrosion of aluminium.

That seat look as if it might not be comfortable for long rides to Germany. :D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Instead of spending money on bolts, have a look at the Brembo rcs19 master cylinder. It's a night and day difference over the stock master.

Ti is nice and all, but shouldn't come before more functional stuff.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Netherlands being a tiny country, riding TO Germany from my home is <100 clicks... But then it is one big country (for our standards) with still some no speed limit Autobahns out there. And wonderful twisties..
Uncomfortable it may seem, with fuel stops every 180-200 clicks, that will solve itself :)

Having owned a LeMans, I know what heavy clutch action is, so it is all relative. Honda's hydraulics are good, and upgrade to Brembo or say Galespeed I will only consider after having tried them on another SP (there are quite a few out here in NL). If it is really that much better (as in 6-700 euro) for my kind of riding (no track) then I will spend the cash no problemo (still got some "damages money" left..).

The (front) bolts simply look grotty, as does the rear chain adjuster.... Dale's kit will rectify the rear I trust.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Get some stainless (or titanium if you prefer :grin2:) Probolts with aluminium screw-on collars to replace original fasteners. You can also get replacement caliper pinch bolts from them, engine cover kits, etc. Don't be tempted by alloy bolts, the heads strip off & scratch easily - if you go for those.
I can't find the screw on collars that you are speaking of on their site. I've just been ordering plain spacers from a 3rd party. Is it Pro-bolt that sells them?

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Reactions: Denver_larry

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Better....... :)

Borrowing a safety wire pliers this coming weekend for the slider pins and front fork pinch bolts

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts