RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running Shinko rubber on their Rc....I currently have Michelin's on my bike and its defitnely time for new rubber....I've read alot of mixed reviews on them and not sure...Nice price, though....I ride more in the country than in the city, if that helps

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The drag racers love 'em cause they're cheap.
They burn through rear tires super quick, and the Shinko's are essentially throw away tires.
About the cheapest premium multi-compound tires are Bridgestone and Continental.
Both are usually within around $10-20 of each other.
The old Pirelli Diablo single compound series (which is still being made) are a very good inexpensive tires.
I ran them for years with no complaints, and currently have a new set on my 'Busa.
The complete set was only $190, rather than $200+ for just a rear.
I'd see if anyone is having a sale on these.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Shinko

I've had a set on my bike and they seem to go pretty quickly. I had the 003's they stick when I needed them to and spun when I wanted them to. I still keep them as a back up if something goes wrong with my michelins. I'm running 2ct on the front and Road Pilot 2's which are 2cts on the rear! I've had the rears on for a while now and won't go with anything else now for the back! They hold up really well!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea... upon futher research , I think ill stick to michelin or pirelli....preciate the info...ill def be looking for a deal them...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How are the dunlop qualifiers?
my first bike had a set of dunlop 208's..i guess they were all right...i recall pulling out the drive way one morn and almost wrecked because they were slick...after they warmed up they were still slick.....just not my choice

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dont run them on my big bikes but I run them on my motocross, supermoto race bike and my supermoto stunt bikes. As you can see I put alot of trust in them. Pulling stoppies at 60+ is no problem on the Shinko 003's or 009's.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont run them on my big bikes but I run them on my motocross, supermoto race bike and my supermoto stunt bikes. As you can see I put alot of trust in them. Pulling stoppies at 60+ is no problem on the Shinko 003's or 009's.
Preciate the feed back E-Loc....what did u run on the zx9r?

·
Registered
27 Posts
mich. power pures just got them/ love them

·
Registered
113 Posts
well i have ran both the shinko 005 and 009 on my rc the 005 were the better turning tire if your on a budget and want to ride pretty hard can't beat them the 009 held up longer got about 6k out of them versus 3l on the 005 however i lost some cornering but if you can run the perelli diablo rosso's they stick great and the rear lasted me about 5k and you can still rail corners hard with them or sit back and cruise my choice tire by far. but they only cost me a little over 260 a set :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
at the moment I just put a set of GP-A9 for my track day Medium front and soft rear and they felt great on rails...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got 5k out of my Pilot Powers & 12k out of my Shinko 009's, dont compare for warm up between the two, but for a budget tire they work great, you get what you pay for:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
In 1998 the Shinko Group purchased the motorcycle tire technology and molds from Yokohama Rubber Co., and began production of these products under the Shinko Tire brand.
Just a blurb from their website. I run Shinkos on my SV650 and they're pretty good. It took a bit to get used to the more aggressive lean-in compared to my old Dunlops(stock) though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Shinko's

I ran a set of 003's on my RC51 and didn't have any problems with them. They just wear out pretty quickly though, although I was running them on an RC! I still have the set as a spare if whatever i'm running on it now goes away or whatever.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts